Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Laundry Systems

GettingThere  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 10:00 am
Hi!!! Would love some help from experienced and organized moms here. Im constantly drowning in piles of laundry. What are proven systems that work!!!
infant, 6 and 8 year old!!

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 10:48 am
Doing a little every day, no ifs, ands or buts. Don't wait to have a full load of any particular type of laundry unless you have a lot of multiples and can "afford" to wait to do a full load.

Chana11

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 11:13 am
I do twice a week. Sort into darks, lights, towels, and linen. I wash and dry in the morning . Clean laundry goes into a large basket. Fold and pack away all afternoon.

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 12:16 pm
Less clothes for everyone. Literally 5 shirts, 5 pants and 5 pajama sets per kid. 2 shabbos outfits each.

Do a load every single night.

baked ziti

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 4:41 pm
I do laundry every second day. This leaves me with a day for folding and packing away if I don't get to complete that on days I wash. Like mushkamothers, we have minimal clothing.

GettingThere  

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 5:18 pm
Ty!! Can’t do laundry every day as I work full time and travel a lot..
I like the idea of minimalism but afraid I would constantly be running out of clean clothes

emzod42

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 5:56 pm
I try to do weekly laundry (laundry day). That's what Dana K. White from A Slob Comes Clean recommends and it works better for me. I do as many loads as I can motzei shabbat, then the rest Sunday morning, then aim to fold and put away Sunday night.

GettingThere

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 6:01 pm
emzod42 wrote:
I try to do weekly laundry (laundry day). That's what Dana K. White from A Slob Comes Clean recommends and it works better for me. I do as many loads as I can motzei shabbat, then the rest Sunday morning, then aim to fold and put away Sunday night.

This could work! I’ll look her up
How do u guys divide up your loads?

teachkids

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 6:12 pm
I have a laundry sorter in my room for the good quality clothes (dark delicates, light delicates, whites, hand) and everything else goes in the big hamper in the hallway. I wash almost all the laundry on Sunday- many many loads, plus one mid week load of kids laundry. I put away a lot of the laundry while my kids shower Sunday night (most are the age where I need to be in shouting distance to help rinse hair but not sight distance. The kids not in the shower help out.

fbmommy

Post Thu, Oct 10 2024, 6:41 pm
For years I just did everything in Sunday since I didn’t work that day, and Iikebposyed earlier tried to do some motzai shabbos as well. Once I started having uniforms and dress pants that were more expensive I added in two loads during the week. I have 3 sets of uniforms and 4 pairs of dress pants and do laundry sometime Wednesday- just one dark hanging and one dark dryer load (I have two machines) so I don’t need to buy so much of the expensive clothing and also so that Sunday is a drop less overwhelming. A or of weeks I won’t end up folding that weekday load until Sunday but if someone need something at least it’s clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics