Like the eve only
Hall food photo fake flowers etc
How much is needed for simple wedding near Jerusalem/ k Sefer/ b shenesh
Here I lkw we can do basic fir 20.000 total for the wedding night
Ty

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 3:18 am
Haven't made a wedding yet here in EY but from what I understand it can definitely be less then 20k$ but you'll also have to adjust your expectations, the halls in givat shaul don't look like the halls in Lakewood and the chuppah will be in a very 'parking lot looking' parking lot, etc.

amother
Lotus  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 4:16 am
Just checked my notes from my son's wedding. We used a nicer hall than the very simple ones. It cost us 42,100 shekels for the hall (which includes the caterer, centerpieces, etc). Band with singer was about 8000-9000. I don't remember the cost of the photographer.

Success10

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 4:18 am
Is your sum including: clothes, gowns, makeup, hair, travel?
Or just: Hall, food, photographer, music?

busy613  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 7:47 am
No
Just tge event of day no clothes makeup etc
Wanted 2024 prices or close to it
What about k Sefer b shemesh isn’t it cheaper? Ty

amother
  Lotus  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 7:58 am
busy613 wrote:
No

What I quoted was from 2022. The hall was in Yerushalayim.

amother
Copper  

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 8:01 am
My side paid 11k we did 50/50. I got married in Keter Harimon

amother
  Lotus

Post Fri, Jul 19 2024, 8:04 am
amother Copper wrote:

You must be talking in dollars then.

Goldengrl327  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:40 pm
We were in EY looking for my son’s wedding. A lot of halls have minimums so even if you’re not planning on a typical American wedding the hall may still make you pay for the minimum. Our son’s hall (which includes basic decor, food, etc) came to about 100k NIS. THIS isn’t including band (about 6-8000 nis), photography (12000 nis). It’s definitely cheaper by American standards but still not “cheap”.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 9:15 pm
Goldengrl327 wrote:
We were in EY looking for my son’s wedding. A lot of halls have minimums so even if you’re not planning on a typical American wedding the hall may still make you pay for the minimum. Our son’s hall (which includes basic decor, food, etc) came to about 100k NIS. THIS isn’t including band (about 6-8000 nis), photography (12000 nis). It’s definitely cheaper by American standards but still not “cheap”.

Where was this? I think there are many that are *much* cheaper than this.
But I don't have current numbers.

busy613

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 10:41 pm
120 shequels I assume so close to 40$ that is much more than Takana wedding in Lakewood!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 9:42 am
This venue in Bet shemesh is very low cost

הכרמים ~ אולמות אירועים
072-334-4777
https://g.co/kgs/rp3NSJy

amother
Pewter  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:12 pm
busy613 wrote:
No

No K sefer or B shemesh ( Beit shemesh in general is much more expensive then Beitar, K Sefer, jerusalem or BB) are not cheaper

The halls are a bit nicer and people prefer over Jerusalem because of the music issue - not everyone holds that a keyboard is ok in Jerusalem and a Pokeh is just awful

amother
  Pewter  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:20 pm
Goldengrl327 wrote:

This is obviously not a "takana" style hall, its the mid level prices

The Takana style halls vary in price, but my brothers wedding in beitar last year was 52k nis ( 30k per side) for the wedding night - 350 pp minimum ( most takana halls are like this) all included, hall, food, photographer, band, basic decor (kallah chair setup, centerpieces silk flowers and chandeliers)

In $ that is a little under 15k, which is less then an american takana wedding, but the standard of the wedding is much lower ( halls not as nice, food not as nice)

Does not include:
Clothing/ Hair/Makeup for Wedding Party
Jewlery/gifts
Vort/Sheva Brachos
Setting up the home - in israel you need to buy appliances as rentals don't come with that.

amother
  Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:22 pm
amother Copper wrote:

Keter Harimon is considered a higher end venue - nothing like a Takana wedding.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:32 pm
[quote="amother Pewter"]Keter Harimon is considered a higher end venue - nothing like a Takana wedding.[/quote
ITA
Keter Harimon is a five star venue. Definitely not a takana wedding.

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:37 pm
Goldengrl327 wrote:

100k is one hundred thousand. You paid 100 000 NIS for the wedding?

Bnei Berak 10  

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:43 pm
Many use gmachim outside Bnei brak. DH's nieces had gmach wedding gowns from Ashdod and they used make up artists from Kiryat Gat/Negev area as they have better prices.

amother
  Copper

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 1:48 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
Keter Harimon is considered a higher end venue - nothing like a Takana wedding.

Compared to my friends weddings it was so not fancy but I guess by Israeli standards it was.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Oct 09 2024, 2:46 pm
I got married 8 yrs ago in Israel in the hall at the entrance of Bayit vegan, Jerusalem.
After the wedding my father said he assumed it would have been cheaper than the weddings he made for my sister's in the UK but he was surprised how little he saved if anything.
The caterer was a cousin so we paid for a basic package and he upgraded it by 2 levels for free.

I'm sure compared to America prices it's a bigger saving but you pay for what you get...

The hall together with how the caterer set it was stunning and a few friends of my in-laws did it there after us but with a different caterer on a different level and was disappointed as they had expectations...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics