Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Remote US jobs in Israel Possible?
Previous  1  2

amother
Gladiolus

Post Yesterday at 1:40 am
I'd rather not post details but I too have an American job and I get paid an American salary.

Just my experience - I've had many jobs over the years and I have found that the companies that outsource to Israel (meaning they hire many people here, perhaps have an entity here) don't pay that well. The reason companies outsource is so that they can pay less. There is no other benefit to them.

However, if you have an actual American job for an American company that happens to hire you even though you live in Israel, you can get paid the same as anyone else in their office in America. At my current and prior job, I was the only person in their office that lived in Israel and I got paid like anyone else.

(However, it used to be, years ago, that companies that outsourced paid $10-$12 as a starting salary. At least now that has gone up considerably.)

amother
Hydrangea

Post Yesterday at 4:14 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I have a global salary. NIS 14,000/month, getting a raise that will bump me into the 16,000 range in January beH.
My husband has a comparable salary to me and we are still struggling to make ends meet so after the chagim we need to figure out how to make our money work for us or make more somehow! I think inflation and a year with a ton of expenses just caught up to us (two simchas, moving, health issues etc)
I really would post with my SN but my sister is on here and I'm always convinces she'll know it's me Cool

I really don’t mean this condescendingly but would you by any chance need some support with managing money? I’ve helped a few friends. A salary of 30,000 should not be a struggle.

amother
  Pumpkin

Post Yesterday at 4:26 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I really don’t mean this condescendingly but would you by any chance need some support with managing money? I’ve helped a few friends. A salary of 30,000 should not be a struggle.

Yes we probably do need help with managing money lol but based on something we're going through now it's not the right time and hopefully in a few months it will be. But I'd probably use someone recommended by someone I know in real life (it's only been the last half a year or so that it feels like not enough, so again I think it's inflation +specific circumstances that are short term and it might be a non-issue in a few months beH)

amother
  Outerspace

Post Yesterday at 5:04 am
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Well after taxes/whatever they take out it's more like 22-25k. If we got the full salary it would be amazing and we'd be able to save and give more tzedaka. But yeah in theory it should be enough but I dunno things have gotten so expensive plus BH I have a bunch of kids with chugim, childcare, braces, and all those other fun things that take all my money...

In terms of job searching, I find Facebook groups have some posted that aren't elsewhere. The nbn job board is a good place to look too. It's tough - I do feel like a lot of what I see is for English and Hebrew speakers which definitely cuts down on the relevance if you are not a Hebrew speaker (I am not fluent). Wishing everyone tons of hatzlacha in finding a good position where you enjoy working and are valued.

I search those boards but unlike America there is no salary range so it is very difficult to get ideas of what salaries are.

amother
Purple

Post Yesterday at 5:13 am
I got an American remote job with an American salary while living in Israel.
But I do have a degree in this field and experience.

ora_43

Post Today at 10:29 am
amother Hydrangea wrote:

How can you say whether it should be a struggle without knowing how many people are in the family or what expenses they have or what she means by 'struggle'?

No offense. But like, if they're 9 people living in the merkaz area with a mortgage of 7,000 a month and a baby in maon, a couple kids who need tutoring/ private school, special dietary needs, whatever else, getting by on 30,000 a month (25,000 after taxes) would be really good.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics