Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shul only allows neighborhood people to join.
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 11:09 am
I'm in shock. My own shul has it depending on on the chazan /person leading the prayer. Common also in Italy or some Israeli shuls. If you can't even use your own minhag... Then most people who aren't majority will NEVER go and do. For ex here, Egyptian Jews, Tunisian Jews, Yekke Jews, Judeo Spanish Jews, Polish Jews, Hungarian Jews...

Molly Weasley

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 12:35 pm
amother Opal wrote:
There are halchic concerns about being yotzei.

We hold that in order to be yotzei, the chazzan has to say the words of chazaras hashatz, kedusha, Brachos, krias Hatorah in the havara that we hold is halachicly proper.

At your own seat, daven however you want

But if you get up at the amud at a nusach Ashkenaz shul and say Bureech Atu, the people listening likely hold that they have not been yotzei.
There are big name sources that hold that way.

Even if you think they SHOULDN'T care.

This is absolutely not true. It's only relevant by Zachor and Megillah, and even then probably only between ashknazi vs sefard.

Regardless, never an issue for a B'all Tefelah.

There's definitely no reason to create more machlokis

rising hero

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 12:48 pm
mha3484 wrote:
This. When I go to shul I often go to the chassidish shul down my street because they have kids programing and a comfortable womens section vs the kollel my husband and boys daven at. But I was told for megillah I am not yotzei because its not my havara. Its very complicated.

Never knew this. Live and learn. Thanks imamother.

amother
  Poinsettia

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 1:27 pm
Molly Weasley wrote:
This is absolutely not true. It's only relevant by Zachor and Megillah, and even then probably only between ashknazi vs sefard.

Regardless, never an issue for a B'all Tefelah.

There's definitely no reason to create more machlokis

We have a neighbor who has a different pronunciation of ayin. My neighbors were told we cannot be yotzei leining from him. It’s a big point of contention.
The pronunciation of leining matters very much. Otherwise why bother with the trop or getting the nekudos correct.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 5:13 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
If a shul davens in a specific havara, it is very rude of non regulars to come to the shul & demand that they daven in a different havarah.

It's not rude. One has to be accepting and accommodating to all Jews. Why deny a sefardi to daven because his havara is different?

I go to megilla at a shul where they daven in a non chassidish havara. (Actually yekish) I have no problem with it whatsoever. If Hashem accepts all havaras then so be it for the listeners too, regardless what their own havara is.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics