Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Remote US jobs in Israel Possible?
1  2  Next

justforfun87  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 10:04 am
I know this is a unicorn and I am not specifically looking now but I am wondering how many woman in Israel were able to find a remote job from the states while living in Israel.
How do you deal with the taxes both in states and Israel? Was it hard to find a job? Do the jobs really exist?

amother
Lavender  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 10:06 am
I have not personally done it, but I have several friends that do.

justforfun87  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 10:47 am
amother Lavender wrote:
I have not personally done it, but I have several friends that do.

Did they come to Israel with the job?

amother
  Lavender

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 10:50 am
justforfun87 wrote:
Did they come to Israel with the job?

Some yes, some no.

notshanarishona  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 11:01 am
I worked for a lawfirm in Baltimore while I lived in Israel but they paid around what you get paid in Israel. There are a lot of places that do it to save $. Getting an American job with an American salary is the challenge

justforfun87  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 11:37 am
notshanarishona wrote:
I worked for a lawfirm in Baltimore while I lived in Israel but they paid around what you get paid in Israel. There are a lot of places that do it to save $. Getting an American job with an American salary is the challenge

What was the benefit then? Don't you end up paying the same in taxes between being a 1099 and Israel taxes?

How much did you make per hour?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 12:03 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
What was the benefit then? Don't you end up paying the same in taxes between being a 1099 and Israel taxes?

How much did you make per hour?

I started at $7 an hour. The benefit was just flexibility, working from home, not needing Hebrew until I learned it

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 12:29 pm
I found such a job, by applying to remote jobs advertised in america. It did take me 6 months to find it and I am getting less then an american salary but more then an israeli one ($30 an hour)

I use a company (route 38).
They take 5% of my salary, and then give me an israeli tlush ( technichally my company is paying them as a consultant and I am employed by route 38). I pay regular israeli taxes.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 12:37 pm
I found a job from America, I live in Israel.
I'm not American so I am self employed and don't pay taxes to US. Many American Israelis who just work in Israel also have to report in America, there are many accountants that do it for you.
I only work this job part time as it's American hours so I have to work 9-12 at night, I also work an Israeli job in the morning.
The pay per HR is good compared to Israeli company not garbage compared to USA, that's why they were looking for someone in Israel.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 1:19 pm
I found a remote US job in israel getting paid salary- pretty standard rate for starting out in America. I don’t pay Israeli taxes as I didn’t make aliyah and I’m on a student visa.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 1:36 pm
amother Red wrote:
I found a remote US job in israel getting paid salary- pretty standard rate for starting out in America. I don’t pay Israeli taxes as I didn’t make aliyah and I’m on a student visa.

Did you have a degree? Did you get it through a Jewish connection or just google searching for positions?

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 1:52 pm
I need a job here in Israel!!! Any leads??

amother
Pumpkin  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 1:56 pm
I have a unicorn that the company is US based but were looking for a couple of people in Israel to replace people in the Phillipines and still get natives English speakers. They're legal in the US and Israel so I was able to choose how I want to get paid so I chose an Israeli tlush. If I chose US it would have been direct deposited to me and I would have been responsible for Israeli taxes.

I think remote jobs exist but do take time to find. The market is also a lot harder now it seems than it was a few years ago.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 2:59 pm
If anyone has any leads please post them I'm looking for a part time remote job.

amother
Outerspace  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I have a unicorn that the company is US based but were looking for a couple of people in Israel to replace people in the Phillipines and still get natives English speakers. They're legal in the US and Israel so I was able to choose how I want to get paid so I chose an Israeli tlush. If I chose US it would have been direct deposited to me and I would have been responsible for Israeli taxes.

I think remote jobs exist but do take time to find. The market is also a lot harder now it seems than it was a few years ago.

Your anon anyway, mind if I ask what you get paid hourly?

amother
  Outerspace  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 3:15 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
I started at $7 an hour. The benefit was just flexibility, working from home, not needing Hebrew until I learned it

7 dollars an hour?! Is that a typo?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 3:40 pm
There's a few accounting firms in Lakewood who hire women in Israel and pay decently on a 1099.

amother
  Pumpkin  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 5:53 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
Your anon anyway, mind if I ask what you get paid hourly?

I have a global salary. NIS 14,000/month, getting a raise that will bump me into the 16,000 range in January beH.
My husband has a comparable salary to me and we are still struggling to make ends meet so after the chagim we need to figure out how to make our money work for us or make more somehow! I think inflation and a year with a ton of expenses just caught up to us (two simchas, moving, health issues etc)
I really would post with my SN but my sister is on here and I'm always convinces she'll know it's me Cool

amother
  Outerspace  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 6:40 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I have a global salary. NIS 14,000/month, getting a raise that will bump me into the 16,000 range in January beH.
My husband has a comparable salary to me and we are still struggling to make ends meet so after the chagim we need to figure out how to make our money work for us or make more somehow! I think inflation and a year with a ton of expenses just caught up to us (two simchas, moving, health issues etc)
I really would post with my SN but my sister is on here and I'm always convinces she'll know it's me Cool

O wow and here I thought 30k shekels a month is a tremendous amount for Israel living.

amother
  Pumpkin  

Post Yesterday at 2:59 am
amother Outerspace wrote:
O wow and here I thought 30k shekels a month is a tremendous amount for Israel living.

Well after taxes/whatever they take out it's more like 22-25k. If we got the full salary it would be amazing and we'd be able to save and give more tzedaka. But yeah in theory it should be enough but I dunno things have gotten so expensive plus BH I have a bunch of kids with chugim, childcare, braces, and all those other fun things that take all my money...

In terms of job searching, I find Facebook groups have some posted that aren't elsewhere. The nbn job board is a good place to look too. It's tough - I do feel like a lot of what I see is for English and Hebrew speakers which definitely cuts down on the relevance if you are not a Hebrew speaker (I am not fluent). Wishing everyone tons of hatzlacha in finding a good position where you enjoy working and are valued.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics