Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What is a universally appreciated gift for a women
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:27 am
amother Steelblue wrote:
There's no gift universally appreciated. I don't like flowers, lotion, household decor... Some don't like chocolate. The only exception would be money but don't know if that's appropriate especially $40 or less. Or like someone else mentioned visa gift card. You might have to accept a chance of her not appreciating it and just choose something that most people would appreciate like chocolate. She can give it to her family if she doesn't want it.

Yes. Chocolate, good quality chocolate is always appreciated.
Or if you have a place like the Nuttery or Cookie Corner where you live they always have something nice to gift.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:32 am
I feel like this type of idea can be very nice: https://judaicacanvas.com/

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:35 am
Gifts can really be tricky. What I've appreciated the most was a book from a Judaica store with a gift receipt that I can exchange. I'll rarely buy something for myself since they're quite pricey, but I very much enjoyed being able to buy something - either myself or for the kids.

Otherwise a Visa gift card, but its definitely not as "gifty." Like, flowers and chocolate defintely have more of a wow factor.

I once got a fancy dessert cake on erev yomtov and it was really nice, but they take up a LOT of room, and I didn't really have enough space for it in my fridge. So there's pluses and minuses to everything I guess.

singleagain  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:36 am
JUSUOX Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI Cordless Air Pump for Car Tires, Electric Bike Tire Pump for Car, Motorcycle, Bicycle, Ball, with Pressure Gauge, LED Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D8.....ss_tl

Portable air pump for car tires.

chanatron1000  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:38 am
A really nice version of a regular small item that almost everyone uses almost always works as a gift. A really nice ballpoint pen, for example. Some people appreciate it more than others, but very few people will discard a nice pen because they have no use for it.

amother
  Seagreen  

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:43 am
I love getting visa gift cards more then anything....
put it over a simple chocolate bar with a meaningful card
then they can use it as they please... (I would treat myself for breakfast!)

not sure if its relevant for a teacher but I bought black and decker wireless vacuum cleaner for someone who had my child when I was postpartum. she loves it. and I have it and I love it. its within your budget. you can send a gift receipt so they can exchange it for s/t else they want and youll never know...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D.....ss_tl

another good idea is a room diffuser, this one has a very pleasant sweet smell. oops I see its sold out on amazon, but google it maybe
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ss_tl

amother
  Seagreen

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:44 am
amother Seagreen wrote:
visa gift card

can be purchased online at gift card granny

scintilla

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:45 am
amother Dahlia wrote:
Gifts can really be tricky. What I've appreciated the most was a book from a Judaica store with a gift receipt that I can exchange. I'll rarely buy something for myself since they're quite pricey, but I very much enjoyed being able to buy something - either myself or for the kids.

Otherwise a Visa gift card, but its definitely not as "gifty." Like, flowers and chocolate defintely have more of a wow factor.

I once got a fancy dessert cake on erev yomtov and it was really nice, but they take up a LOT of room, and I didn't really have enough space for it in my fridge. So there's pluses and minuses to everything I guess.

I like this, since Judaica stores sell such a variety of items. She can always buy something she needed anyways which one can always find in a Judaica store, and then use the money saved to get herself something she wants - or more likely, just enjoy the savings. I think this is the most foolproof method!

simcha2

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:46 am
singleagain wrote:
JUSUOX Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI Cordless Air Pump for Car Tires, Electric Bike Tire Pump for Car, Motorcycle, Bicycle, Ball, with Pressure Gauge, LED Light https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D8.....ss_tl

Portable air pump for car tires.

You may be joking, but I consider my portable air compressor one of my best Amazon purchases ever. Had saved me multiple times when I've had a flat tire. (Dh and I were just talking about this!)

singleagain

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:47 am
simcha2 wrote:
You may be joking, but I consider my portable air compressor one of my best Amazon purchases ever. Had saved me multiple times when I've had a flat tire. (Dh and I were just talking about this!)

I actually wasn't joking specifically because op said that this is in thanks for carpool.
Therefore, I said get a car related gift. I happen to be thinking about this because I had to stop at an air pump the other day and this would be so much better and save money.

Also, I just saw a $20 pump on that. There's a lot of great prime deal todays

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:49 am
If you aren’t going to give a gift card I like the Judaic store book idea with gift receipt the best. Usually there are enough things there someone will find something they would like.

joonabug

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:51 am
cash

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 8:54 am
There are a lot of small household items that most people use and most people don't have the top quality or prestige version of. Some are weird to buy as gifts, but it depends on context and presentation.

Examples:
Sturdy compact umbrella
Can opener
Matches
USB cable
USB flash drive
Flashlight
Comb

imaima

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 9:03 am
amother Peony wrote:
A brand name body lotion.

Noooo

amother
Bone

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 9:04 am
I would go for the book with gift receipt. It's rare there's a woman who wouldn't appreciate a book or cookbook. And if they didn't like the one I chose, they can easily switch it for another.

Molly Weasley

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 9:07 am
A good umbrella, a nice leather bound journal, a good writing instrument, scarf, a brand new book

agreer

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 9:20 am
I think gift cards are the way to go... Either visa or to a specific store. I'd be much happier with that than anything else.

But if anyone gave me anything as appreciation, I'd be happy.... If I couldn't eat or use it, I'd give it to my kids or sister.

amother
Wisteria

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 9:33 am
As a babysitter, I appreciate the gesture of your gift regardless of if I like the item or not, yes I have some stuff I don't use or have regifted. If you give gift receipt even better!
Things like nice chocolate are always nice as even if I don't eat it I can give it to my kids babysitter or someone who is hosting us, it's not seasonal like a honey jar which I had sitting around for a year until I could regift.

The best gift I got was the game Othello with a gift receipt from the local toy store. I ended up keeping it as it's perfect for my kids starting to be into older children toys but I knew if not I can change it to a new toy for my kids for YT.

farm

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 2:13 pm
up high wrote:
What I did:
I texted the teachers and said that I have several gift ideas but want to give them something they would appreciate most.

For yom tov I gave the following options, and this is what they responded:
I mentioned: napkin rings, napkin holder, set plastic paper-goods (fancy set plates), and more. I also sent Amazon photos of those options.
One chose the paper goods, another one napkin rings.
It costed between $20-40, and they were excited for it.
I think it's a great idea.

I called a close relative and gave them options and they knew right away what their relative would love (in my case, I sent a fruit platter on Erev Yom Tov to one and a sushi platter to another and a gift card to another). This way it was a surprise but hopefully appreciated!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Oct 08 2024, 2:15 pm
cash with a nice card
I dont wan anymore mugs, plants, books, keychains etc.
im a teacher
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics