Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How often do you buy jewelry for your teens?

amother
OP

Post Today at 7:20 am
Dd15 asked me recently if we could get her a pair of earrings for sukkos.
She has some pieces of jewelry I've gotten her over the years, but not many. And she has some basic things she bought herself . She also has a few things still from her bas mitzva

How often is it normal to get new jewelry? Should she have a whole selection at this age or is it normal to have 1-2 nice things for shabbos/yomtov?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Today at 7:57 am
Real or costume?
Costume most teens get twice a year.
Real until either brought them self or got engaged

But my circles are different than yours.
What is your circles?

Ruchel

Post Today at 8:12 am
There's zero rule
My rule is price an whether it's used or kept in a box. If you're not wearing them often I won't be buying more especially expensive. I also am not buying ladylike pieces to a teen. Which doesn't mean only fake

amother
Seablue

Post Today at 8:52 am
Costume - about 2-3 times a year
I like to buy them before yom tov as thank you for helping get ready.

Real - I don’t really buy

amother
Winterberry

Post Today at 8:56 am
My daughter got a pair of earrings and necklace for her bas mitzvah (real). For her 15th birthday, another pair of earrings and a necklace (real). When she gets a new shabbos dress, if it needs a fun necklace, we get one when we buy the dress.

amother
Topaz

Post Today at 12:49 pm
My DD got some jewelry for bas mitzvah. She lost all of it by the time she was 16 so I told her I am not buying any more real jewelry if she can't take care of it.
I let her buy costume on my CC during her teen years. Now she's post-college and if she wants to buy something herself she can do whatever she wants.

Chayalle

Post Today at 1:05 pm
There's no rule. I find that earrings get lost alot (especially in camp!) and I've gotten my teen a few cheap pairs on Shein. She has nicer ones for home. But definitely not a whole array of earrings. She has a beautiful (real) ring she got for her Bas Mitzvah.

amother
Seashell

Post Today at 1:45 pm
I have a preteen. She has very little real in terms of necklaces. But she can only wear real silver or gold earrings or her ears get very infected. She has few pairs. If I find her inexpensive (under $20) silver, I will buy her here and there throughout the year. She doesn't have a ton of pairs. Maybe 6 or 7 and she rotates them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children