Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Adhd anxious child extremely challanging
Previous  1  2

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 5:35 pm
I'm still reeling from this transformation!

Texted the Pediatrician. He's sending in a new prescription. Hopefully that will do it.

oneofakind

Post Yesterday at 5:35 pm
Everyone has great ideas from the medical angle. Look up Dr. Robin Koslowitz on Instagram about post traumatic parenting. It's a real eye opener.

You are a good Mom. It's okay not to be perfect. You are working on being better and better and that's good enough.
Refuah Sheleima to your daughter.

amother
  Bluebonnet

Post Yesterday at 5:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm still reeling from this transformation!

Texted the Pediatrician. He's sending in a new prescription. Hopefully that will do it.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's good to give motrin and an anti histamine along with the antibiotics. The inflammation takes on a life of its own (cytokine cascade) even when the infection is well under control and needs to be addressed on its own.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 6:03 pm
So we had 3 hours of relative peace. And she's at it again.
I don't have zyrtec. I wish I did.
I know all these good ideas but now that I'm sick and everything is going down I can't even think.
I'm sitting here crying.

amother
Skyblue

Post Yesterday at 6:21 pm
Another pandas mom chiming in with hugs...make sure she is on great antibiotics.for strep (augmentin, cefdinir etc..) amoxicillin or zithromycin dont cut it for active strep...
And u can give motrin more than twice a day...my neurologist said 3 times a day for two weeks at start of a flare and if it doesnt help, we change to steroid burst etc...
The dose for active flare is slightly larger than regular dosing.(10 mg per kilo every 6 to 8 hours)
Hugs hugs hugs...sucks so much...
You arent a bad mother..you are a human mother going thru inhumane situation. Also, the ptsd from ur previous panda is reararing its ugly head at the thought of another one and is causing you to overreact which is a trauma response.

amother
Mintgreen  

Post Yesterday at 6:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is there?
I'm sorry for being so cynical. But I have an older child who finally kicked the Pandas diagnosis after years of struggle.
I felt like things might actually be normal for a change. But now this. I don't know anything about hope.
Hope. Hope. Hope for things to get better. They get better and then they aren't better anymore. Is there truly hope?

I still shouldn't have done what I did.
I promised I wouldn't. And I hurt my child. If she is sick, that's EVEN WORSE!

and for the amother who asked about meds, no she's not. And with support she's been doing well. Some of my other kids are on meds. Different presentation.

It doesn’t sound like she’s doing so well?

amother
  Mintgreen  

Post Yesterday at 6:25 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
Oh. It's so gut-wrenching.

My second kid is spiraling into pandas as we speak, just as my first panda is maybe, maybe finally turning a corner. I can't watch, and I'm so, so burnt out from trying to beat this beast. And I lose it at him all the time.

But motrin and zyrtec don't take much effort. And they'll give you your kid back really quickly. Just so you can catch your breath. Maybe till after Yom tov. And then you'll tackle it by it's horns.

If you’re treating everything as pandas and it’s not working, maybe it’s time to explore other avenues of treatment.

amother
  Mintgreen

Post Yesterday at 6:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
So we had 3 hours of relative peace. And she's at it again.
I don't have zyrtec. I wish I did.
I know all these good ideas but now that I'm sick and everything is going down I can't even think.
I'm sitting here crying.

Isn’t she already on antibiotics for the strep?

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 6:54 pm
amother Skyblue wrote:
Another pandas mom chiming in with hugs...make sure she is on great antibiotics.for strep (augmentin, cefdinir etc..) amoxicillin or zithromycin dont cut it for active strep...
And u can give motrin more than twice a day...my neurologist said 3 times a day for two weeks at start of a flare and if it doesnt help, we change to steroid burst etc...
The dose for active flare is slightly larger than regular dosing.(10 mg per kilo every 6 to 8 hours)
Hugs hugs hugs...sucks so much...
You arent a bad mother..you are a human mother going thru inhumane situation. Also, the ptsd from ur previous panda is reararing its ugly head at the thought of another one and is causing you to overreact which is a trauma response.

I guess so. I actually gave her neproxen. It worked faster and better for my other kid back in the day. So it's one in the morning and one in the evening.
I need to go check my Amazon history for those herbal/natrual anti-inflammatory tumeric gummies.

Why is hashem doing that to me????

I appreciate your hugs. She was on amoxicilin. In the past, they worked just fine. Doc sent cefdinir now. It's so hard on the stomach though.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 7:03 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
It doesn’t sound like she’s doing so well?

Well, now she isn't. She was.

amother Mintgreen wrote:
If you’re treating everything as pandas and it’s not working, maybe it’s time to explore other avenues of treatment.

Like what? A child who has autoimmune encephalitis / pandas in the family history, herself she has a history of behavioral symptoms with strep, she's had her "strepy" behaviors, swabbed and positive for strep and on antibiotics but behaviors aren't improving, what do you suggest?
What "everything" am I treating like pandas?

amother Mintgreen wrote:
Isn’t she already on antibiotics for the strep?

Yes. But apparently it's not working.
So we switched it.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Yesterday at 8:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
Of course I'm not telling you the whole entire story. And I don't need to.
I shared what was relevant to the current situation.

I know you're in pain, but you're coming across very harsh.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)