Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Black

flowerpower

Post Today at 12:13 am
When you open your kids closets and find black robes( and they had black robes in the summer and last winter)black 2 piece casual shabbos sets for your infant son, black leggings for your toddler son for weekday and shabbos, black leggings for you baby girl with different color sweatshirts, black weekday dresses for your girls, black skirts for your girls, black pants for your preschool son, black tops/skirts/dresses for you…. Don’t you ever find it boring?

amother
Brown

Post Today at 12:15 am
I try to avoid all black as much as possible

We do do black basics (leggings, skirts, boys pants) but avoid the all-black look for kids and adults

amother
Impatiens

Post Today at 12:17 am
Sometimes it looks sharp ie. black and white if you don’t like it you just don’t wear it

amother
Natural

Post Today at 12:27 am
"I change my black summer wardrobe for my black winter wardrobe!" LOL

Truth be told, my kids each have one black outfit. weekday. Not shabbos.

I wear black more than them. Only wear black skirts and have one black top the rest of my tops Are blue, green, pink, etc.

amother
Puce

Post Today at 1:02 am
I agree that so much black for kids may indeed be too much. ( It can look good though, it just has to be styled appropriately). However, for women black is wonderful- and I say this as someone who does wear colourful clothes as well. Black is always slenderizing and flattering and always comes to the rescue when nothing else feels quite right. That being said, it should always be worn with make up, three quarter sleeves to show some skin and break the monotony of the black and accessorised with jewellery, belts etc.

amother
Violet

Post Today at 1:25 am
Black bottoms (or tops) are easy to match with something more colorful!

That being said, I don't do all black for my kids, and only "all black" for me if it's a dress (that came that way) and then I spruce it up with jewelry, etc.

What I really dislike is the "sad beige mom" aesthetic. It is overused to get kids (boys/girls) matching 🤮 Let them be vibrant!

essie14

Post Today at 1:45 am
My DD's closet is full of vibrant colors. She hates neutrals.

shabbatiscoming

Post Today at 3:34 am
essie14 wrote:
My DD's closet is full of vibrant colors. She hates neutrals.

Same. I think she has one black dress and obe skirt. But SO much color.

amother
Wandflower

Post Today at 4:01 am
No black for my kids at all. In fact we usually have trouble when school asks her to wear a black skirt for a play or whatever. Certainly no black for babies! And my 9 year olds robe is teal with other pops of color.

Ruchel

Post Today at 4:52 am
I don't buy much black for children or even myself except as a basic

joonabug

Post Today at 6:13 am
no I do not find it boring

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Today at 9:10 am
flowerpower wrote:
When you open your kids closets and find black robes( and they had black robes in the summer and last winter)black 2 piece casual shabbos sets for your infant son, black leggings for your toddler son for weekday and shabbos, black leggings for you baby girl with different color sweatshirts, black weekday dresses for your girls, black skirts for your girls, black pants for your preschool son, black tops/skirts/dresses for you…. Don’t you ever find it boring?

I like black robes that are easy to wash and clean. I'd rather be bored by a robe than prisoner to the washing machine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics