Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
What're you reading these days?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

zigi

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 9:20 am
The kingmakers daughter - Philippa Gregory

GLUE

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 10:19 am
Killed by a Traffic Engineer: Shattering the Delusion that Science Underlies our Transportation System-Wes-Marshall

Escaping the Housing Trap: The Strong Towns Response to the Housing Crisis- Charles L. Marohn Jr., Daniel Herriges

Both are non-fiction

wanttobehappy

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 11:11 am
It ends with us
It’s fantastic

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 11:18 am
I Hope This Finds You Well by Natalie Sue - a woman by accident gains access to everyone’s emails in her workplace.

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - a not sociable young woman learns to make friends at work and beyond

The Widow’s Guide to Dead Bastards by Jessica Waite - a widow finds out some unpleasant things after her husband passes away but learns to deal

All three were not the cleanest but were all hero journeys of people who were stuck and really rose to the occasion to make the best of it. They are all super non jewish so their “best of it” is not as awesome as a frum life. Each one was a can’t put down, page turner.

amother
  DarkOrange

Post Tue, Oct 01 2024, 12:52 am
Middle grade fiction:

Just read Echo Mountain, by Lauren Wolk, which I absolutely loved.

Continued with Wolf Hollow by the same author. Same gorgeous writing, but I hated how the plot resolved. It does have rave reviews, so YMMV.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 01 2024, 1:00 am
I just finished the new Jodi Picoult book, By Any Other Name. It was actually quite fascinating. She made a good case that some of William Shakespeare's plays were actually written by a female playwright named Emilia Bassano who was a marrano Jewess. Be warned that it's not the cleanest book as Emilia led a rather colorful life. The book contrasts her story with that of her modern descendant who is having trouble getting her own plays produced due to her gender.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room