Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Help. DH is sick.

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:52 am
We were supposed to go to my grandparents for Rosh Hashana and my DH has 102 fever today. I think if I ask them, they will tell us to come anyway, but I'm scared that we will infect them and they are in their 80s although AFAIK not specifically immunocompromised, just regular age related health conditions.

WWYD? Would want to decide sooner rather than wait till the last minute since I'll need to start shopping and cooking...

oneofakind

Post Yesterday at 9:54 am
Stay home. It's not worth it.

amother
DarkRed

Post Yesterday at 9:59 am
Prepare to stay home, worst case you will bring extra food with you or have a head start on sukkos.

amother
Honeydew

Post Yesterday at 10:03 am
Cook for yom tov and if you end up going, save the food for succos.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 10:11 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
Prepare to stay home, worst case you will bring extra food with you or have a head start on sukkos.

Good point thank you

Cheiny  

Post Yesterday at 10:34 am
amother OP wrote:
We were supposed to go to my grandparents for Rosh Hashana and my DH has 102 fever today. I think if I ask them, they will tell us to come anyway, but I'm scared that we will infect them and they are in their 80s although AFAIK not specifically immunocompromised, just regular age related health conditions.

WWYD? Would want to decide sooner rather than wait till the last minute since I'll need to start shopping and cooking...

Please do not go. With people that age, it’s too risky for them to get sick. Refuah shelaima to your dh.

zaq

Post Yesterday at 10:49 am
Stay home even if they beg you to come. Nobody ever thinks that precautions for "older adults" apply to them. Those are for people ten years their senior, even if they themselves are in their 90s.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Yesterday at 10:56 am
Shop, cook, prepare as if you’re staying home. Make your decision Tuesday evening depending on how your husband feels. If he’s still sick don’t go. If he has no fever and feels fine you can put everything in the freezer or take it along or divide it some in freezer some take with you.

amother
Pansy

Post Yesterday at 10:59 am
Stay home. I don't know where you live, but I'm in the tri state area and there is walkong pneumonia going around where I live- and you don't know until a few days in at best. Even if not, he'll be more comfortable at home, likely even after the fever goes away. And you keep your grandparents safe. I'd just make the decision now and make plans to see them a different time during the chaggim.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:05 am
zaq wrote:
Stay home even if they beg you to come. Nobody ever thinks that precautions for "older adults" apply to them. Those are for people ten years their senior, even if they themselves are in their 90s.

So true! BH they're very young at heart and they were so excited for us to come. They bought my kids favorite treats already...

For now DH just went to urgent care. I realized if it's strep and he gets on medication right away it won't be contagious anymore.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:05 am
amother Pansy wrote:
Stay home. I don't know where you live, but I'm in the tri state area and there is walkong pneumonia going around where I live- and you don't know until a few days in at best. Even if not, he'll be more comfortable at home, likely even after the fever goes away. And you keep your grandparents safe. I'd just make the decision now and make plans to see them a different time during the chaggim.

Yes I'm in the tristate area. Pneumonia sounds so scary

Cheiny

Post Yesterday at 11:07 am
amother OP wrote:
So true! BH they're very young at heart and they were so excited for us to come. They bought my kids favorite treats already...

For now DH just went to urgent care. I realized if it's strep and he gets on medication right away it won't be contagious anymore.

Please don’t even think of chancing it! It’s only 2 days until YT. You can think about seeing them over Sukkos instead.

tweety1

Post Yesterday at 3:08 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Please don’t even think of chancing it! It’s only 2 days until YT. You can think about seeing them over Sukkos instead.

If he has strep and starts taking meds immediately it shouldn't be dangerous anymore. It will be almost 48 hours and 4 doses of meds later.

Ruchi

Post Yesterday at 3:14 pm
As long as the strep is active it can be catchy. With elder ppl you can never be cautious enough. Please look after your grandparents and stay home.
Better safe than sorry.
Refuah sheleima for your husband.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 9:12 pm
tweety1 wrote:
If he has strep and starts taking meds immediately it shouldn't be dangerous anymore. It will be almost 48 hours and 4 doses of meds later.

It is strep in the end and he took his first dose this afternoon. Dr said he shouldn't be contagious anymore by the time RH comes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur