Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I want to shave my head!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
  Taupe

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 6:40 pm
FYI, a Shaitel on a shaved head is like Velcro, sticks the best, no need for any other mechanism to hold in place, I never had hair so I can’t say but for me a Shaitel is not specifically itchy

amother
  Magenta  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 10:52 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
I would love some tips or advice. Im chassidish and my whole family shaves. When I woke up the day after my wedding I was freaking out and decided not to shave. I always super sensitive to shaved heads even on non jews and I never understood how it can be pretty in any way.
I shaved my sideburns so that ppl shouldn't know. Around 2 months after my wedding I was feeling guilty, also someone in my family got sick and I decided to shave as a zchus... I also heard all the great brachos that come along with it. Since then, I have shaven sporadically and each time, I consider stopping completely. At one point, my husbands rebbe wished us brachos and the week I shaved I found out I was pregnant ( had a miscarriage but ....) my hair is curly and not easy to maintain. At this point I dont know what to do. I stopped shaving and my hair is now short, like a few inches long. (Pixie maybe) It is so hard under a wig or tichel and I keep wanting to just shave it off. As a side point, im married more than 2 years and I keep thinking that if I shave ill get pregnant....
My husbands take on this is that its my call, my mitzva. Recently, he keeps saying that I should consider shaving and we will see brachos whatever. I have made up my mind that I want to grow it in, but what should I do until it does? I want to get a straightening once its longer. It doesnt look pretty now regardless and just sticks out everywhere. Also, I keep seeing on here how hair just gets uglier as we get older and we always keep it covered. I wont uncover at home probably. I dont know what to do.
I have done laser on my hairline btw.
For those of you that have shaved and stopped, what did u do while it was growing in??

Ok, I don't know if I'm allowed to bring up old threads but I'm looking for a response! What do you all do with your hair to maintain it?
I have another question, do you all shower daily, isn't it bad for the hair? As a girl I never took care of my hair and it that I should shower with a shower cap but I hate the feeling and feel so itchy when I do that.

For those of u that cover your hair at home, how do u maintain it to make sure it doesn't get damaged? Also do u go for haircuts at a local salon...?

amother
Bubblegum

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 3:10 am
Married many years with shoulder length hair. Wash it twice a week winter time, as needed in the summer. I started blow drying ( takes only a few minutes) because it doesn't smell good when covered while still wet.
My hair still looks fine just grey so I recently dyed it at a Jewish salon. She did it in a private back room. My shaitel machet is a relative so she trims my hair for me. I'd go to that salon for it. I only trim 2-3 times a year.
Hope that answers your question.

amother
  Forsythia

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 4:29 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Ok, I don't know if I'm allowed to bring up old threads but I'm looking for a response! What do you all do with your hair to maintain it?
I have another question, do you all shower daily, isn't it bad for the hair? As a girl I never took care of my hair and it that I should shower with a shower cap but I hate the feeling and feel so itchy when I do that.

For those of u that cover your hair at home, how do u maintain it to make sure it doesn't get damaged? Also do u go for haircuts at a local salon...?

My husband cuts it.
It doesn’t look damaged bh.

amother
  DarkRed  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 4:56 am
amother Magenta wrote:

I get keratin so it's more manageable.

amother
  Magenta  

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 8:48 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
I get keratin so it's more manageable.

I want to do that as soon as it gets a bit longer. what place do u recommend?

amother
  DarkRed

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 4:57 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
I want to do that as soon as it gets a bit longer. what place do u recommend?

Where don you live?

amother
  Magenta

Post Mon, Sep 30 2024, 5:14 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
Where don you live?

brooklyn manhattan area
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics