Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Can this count as hachana for RH?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 1:26 am
I don’t really have emotional energy for thinking about yom hadin. I have been trying to clean my house more thoroughly lekavod yt. If that’s the maximum I feel I can do at the moment - is that enough?

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:06 am
This is not a question any human being is qualified to answer. Do the best you can and don't obsess over what you can't do. Let the KBH do the calculations.

Ruchi  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:10 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t really have emotional energy for thinking about yom hadin. I have been trying to clean my house more thoroughly lekavod yt. If that’s the maximum I feel I can do at the moment - is that enough?

How about taking on just one small thing that you want to start improving on or make a change to?

Last edited by Ruchi on Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
DarkRed

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 2:13 am
Yes. Whatever you can do at the moment is enough for Hashem. אין הקב"ה בא בטורניא עם בריותיו

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 4:08 pm
I have no koach to take on anything right now. I’m in survival mode and when I think about yom hadin my anxiety spikes. I’m just trying to stay calm.

Ruchi

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have no koach to take on anything right now. I’m in survival mode and when I think about yom hadin my anxiety spikes. I’m just trying to stay calm.

Then I retract what I wrote earlier. Please look after yourself and Hashem should bentsh you with good health and all wonderful blessings for the year ahead.

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 5:39 pm
Talk to Hashem. Say all this to Him. So long as you have a connection and you're doing the best you can you're good. He knows what you're dealing with, He gave you those challenges. Just keep Him in your life by talking to Him throughout the day.

May you be gebentcht with a Ksiva Vchasima Tova!

PinkFridge  

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 6:48 pm
amother OP wrote:

That's impressive to me.
If you can do it in a fairly upbeatish way, this is great modeling for your kids.
It's a conundrum: we need to produce yom tov, that's non-negotiable. What's left after that? I hope more than you can imagine right now. Even a quick clip, something like Meaningful People or Inspiration for the Nation can give you a few good lines or thoughts to focus on. Encouraging and invigorating. Not draining or anxiety inducing.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 7:33 pm
Just you surviving is enough in my opinion. It’s a mitzvah to stay alive.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:10 pm
I think it’s beautiful to make your house extra clean for YT. Maybe say “lkavod Yom tov” as you clean.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 8:29 pm
amother OP wrote:

Doing the maximum you can do is enough. If this is your maximum it’s great. Having a clean house lechovod Yom Tov is a beautiful thing. I imagine you’re also going to shop for clothing, food, maybe a bunch of flowers and you’ll either buy or prepare some food for Yom Tov meals. That’s a lot right there. You’ll probably do what you can to make yourself look good before you light candles. If you can have in mind as you load the groceries into your trunk, mop the floor, put the food into the oven or apply your make up, that your effort is lechovid yom Tov, that will take it up a notch. Say it out loud if it feels good.

When the Torah lists the gifts given for the mishkan, the women’s gift of jewelry is mentioned first. The Nesi’im gave the precious stones for the choshen and they’re mentioned last. The Ohr Hachayim asks, why are the nesi’im last if their contribution was the most valuable? He says it’s because they came last, they didn’t rush. It was hard for the women to give up their jewelry but they brought it first. We learn that Hashem wants our hearts. If we give and do with our full hearts that makes our gift most precious. If all you’re going to do is run the vaccum, do it with all your heart and you can be sure it’ll be enough.

paperflowers

Post Sun, Sep 29 2024, 11:20 pm
I totally think that counts, particularly in your situation. Hamelech is coming to us on Rosh Hashana, so preparing your home to welcome Him is a beautiful thing.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 9:30 am
I don’t even have energy to clean my bedroom (it’s filthy and there are piles of clothes and laundry that have to be sorted and dealt with). I haven’t been feeling good physically or emotionally and I have no idea how I’m going to manage hours on my own with my hyper toddler and baby on RH. I don’t have energy to trade off with another mom and take achrayus for someone else’s kid. I’ve been avoiding thinking about YK and I’m so scared I might collapse if I fast. I woke up this morning feeling like I had not slept at all. I have so much work stress and this time of year is exhausting and I just want a break.

PinkFridge

Post Yesterday at 9:34 am
amother OP wrote:
I don’t even have energy to clean my bedroom (it’s filthy and there are piles of clothes and laundry that have to be sorted and dealt with). I haven’t been feeling good physically or emotionally and I have no idea how I’m going to manage hours on my own with my hyper toddler and baby on RH. I don’t have energy to trade off with another mom and take achrayus for someone else’s kid. I’ve been avoiding thinking about YK and I’m so scared I might collapse if I fast. I woke up this morning feeling like I had not slept at all. I have so much work stress and this time of year is exhausting and I just want a break.

Don't think about trading off unless you get something out of it and come out unscathed. If that means that you can barely daven, that's okay.
I wish I could offer more. Please know that I read every word and am thinking of you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur