Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Gefilte fish with tomato sauce instead of salsa

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 6:02 pm
We are having a friend over for a meal on Rosh Hashanah who cannot eat raw onions. There are onions in the salsa I use for salsa gefilte fish and can't seem to find a brand of salsa without onions. So I was thinking of doing tomato sauce instead. I have never done gefilte fish with sauce before. Is it good, or should I think of another appetizer instead?

ra_mom

Post Yesterday at 6:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
We are having a friend over for a meal on Rosh Hashanah who cannot eat raw onions. There are onions in the salsa I use for salsa gefilte fish and can't seem to find a brand of salsa without onions. So I was thinking of doing tomato sauce instead. I have never done gefilte fish with sauce before. Is it good, or should I think of another appetizer instead?

You usually cook/bake your gefilte fish with salsa and now want to cook/bake it with tomato sauce? You can make your own salsa with canned tomatoes and leave out onions.

(But if she can have cooked onion just not raw, the onion cooks together with the gefilte/salsa).

amother
Gardenia

Post Yesterday at 6:14 pm
ive seasoned gefilta with paprika, salt pepper, garlic powder and poured tomato sauce over it, comes out very nice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur