Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
R’ Shais Taub column this week

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 2:47 pm
Anyone else infuriated by the question poised to Rabbi Taub this week? A mother wrote that her older daughter ruined her younger daughter’s car. Apparently the mother didn’t think it was her older daughter’s responsibility to pay for the damages. There seemed to be a dynamic where the mother always let the older daughter shirk her responsibilities. Rabbi Taub caught onto that dynamic and answered along those lines. To me it seemed like the younger daughter was in pain after years and years of this dynamic.

amother
Mintcream

Post Yesterday at 2:54 pm
First time is agreed with his answer

amother
Lightyellow

Post Yesterday at 3:01 pm
Agree! He was so on point!!

amother
Firethorn

Post Yesterday at 3:05 pm
I agreed with his response. I didn’t think she should have let her sister borrow the car in the first place. But then they probably all would have given her a hard time for not sharing. The parents should have paid her back, if they didn’t think the sister was able to.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Yesterday at 3:06 pm
I didn't read this week. But I would love if the subjects of his columns would come back and update us if his assumptions are correct. Sometimes I really wonder if his reading between the lines is truly accurate.

amother
Eggplant

Post Yesterday at 3:25 pm
I once wrote some small(ish) question which was really way deeper than I could even describe and was something that had to be discussed in therapy. I was frustrated with his answer but it was the most I'd get and couldn't expect better so really can't blame him. Most questions in that column are too deep I think for a single column

amother
Yolk

Post Yesterday at 3:36 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
I didn't read this week. But I would love if the subjects of his columns would come back and update us if his assumptions are correct. Sometimes I really wonder if his reading between the lines is truly accurate.

This time it was abundantly clear. The question was worded in such a one sided way and I was furious reading it, and was scared to read the answer (I don't usually agree with his reading). But his totally called the mother out for her unbelievable bias.

amother
Daffodil

Post Yesterday at 7:19 pm
I was always so impressed with the way he was able to read between the lines so insightfully. Are you saying that many times he's actually way off target?

amother
Cerulean

Post Yesterday at 7:23 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I was always so impressed with the way he was able to read between the lines so insightfully. Are you saying that many times he's actually way off target?

I find his answers amazing. He knows how to 'read the room' so well, and isn't scared to give an unpopular opinion. Of course he's not always 100% on target. No therapist is, and from a question without all that much context, he's pretty on target mostly!

tweety1  

Post Yesterday at 8:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anyone else infuriated by the question poised to Rabbi Taub this week? A mother wrote that her older daughter ruined her younger daughter’s car. Apparently the mother didn’t think it was her older daughter’s responsibility to pay for the damages. There seemed to be a dynamic where the mother always let the older daughter shirk her responsibilities. Rabbi Taub caught onto that dynamic and answered along those lines. To me it seemed like the younger daughter was in pain after years and years of this dynamic.

I wanted to open a thread on it. Got busy with other stuff. I couldn't believe it. If it wouldn't be Rabbi Shais Taub I would think it's made up. I can't believe there are actually people with such crooked thinking. I loved his answer. So spot on.

tweety1  

Post Yesterday at 8:35 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:

Yes sometimes. I don't always agree with his answer. I would say it's 50/50

Mommyg8

Post Yesterday at 9:15 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Yes sometimes. I don't always agree with his answer. I would say it's 50/50

Interesting. I agree with him 99% of the time.

tweety1

Post Yesterday at 9:37 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Interesting. I agree with him 99% of the time.

Recently there was a question I don't remember what it was. It resonated with me literally very word. Something about family dynamics. I remember reading his answer and thinking that he's not getting the full picture, or he really doesn't have experience with such a situation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room