Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Help with small kitchen

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 12:54 pm
I bh have a small kitchen It also has a poor layout. Doing any sort of renovations is not happening anytime so I just need to make this work. Yes, I’ve been living in my house for many years, but I feel a little bit overwhelmed. I do not have much counterspace, but I do have a table. We have a double sink but they’re not big so just like breakfast and making lunch already the kitchen looks like it’s disaster. I don’t have a lot of cabinets. I have a lot of makeshift things. To hold everything I don’t feel like I have too much extra pots pans things like that.
Here is the issue. I feel like my kitchen, no matter what always feels like a mess even when it’s clean it’s never. Just because I don’t have cabinets that space there are things that just sit out neatly but out. I don’t use dish racks but drying dishes on the counters make the whole kitchen look messy since I have small counters. I can’t always be drying and putting away so I air dry and I do try to limit my plastic use and I’m not looking to stop that. I just wish there was a way to keep my kitchen looking more organized. Also, just getting a pot or something is pulling everything out because I don’t have much cabinet space.
Any kind of tips that you guys do let me know and I’ll see if I could try that. I’m really on a mission to try to keep my house looking more pull together and this is my next goal. I don’t need a museum looking kitchen. I just want decent.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 1:02 pm
1. I hung some cute baskets on an end cabinet. I keep fruit, and other items that used to be on tables and counters snd they are cute.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

2 I put slide out drawers in cabinets. Especially narrower cabinets. I get way more use out of them this way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

3. I use extra shelves in cabinets. Gives lots more space. Helps with stacking.

I also use corner shelf pieces. Like fit in corner of cabinet with 3 shelves and can store thin items on there.

4. If possible move stuff out of kitchen you use rarely

5. I have one sink so can’t put stuff in sink. And dry on counter. I was before bed. Dry on towels and put away in morning. I use towels and thick drying clothes. Less bulky then drying racks.

6. I’ve also bought things that I considered waste of money. But I found space was worth it. Like I have a keurig. Never saw a point of the pod drawer. But I bought one and now I have pods under keurig instead of cabinet and takes up way less room.

7. Hooks on cabinet doors for measuring cups.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics