Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Tashbar - current family types

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 1:22 am
Hi I’m looking into a few elementary schools for my oldest boy. What type is Tashbar? I know a lot of people who send there but they say they’re part of the “older” parents. Are the young ones all cooler/less frum? Any yeshivish or just plain frum families left in the young grades? Anyone currently send to primary there and can help? Thank you very much

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 1:39 am
I send there. I would say it is more of a cooler crowd. Although everyone defines cool differently. Definitely wouldn’t call it yeshivish

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 7:51 am
Thank you! Anyone else? I want my son to see all types, frummer also…. Trying to figure out if this is the place for that. People say it used to be….

amother
Bubblegum

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 8:24 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! Anyone else? I want my son to see all types, frummer also…. Trying to figure out if this is the place for that. People say it used to be….

Tashbar is not considered a mix. Some schools will have more of a spectrum of types, but honestly I've never come across a school other than maybe the Cheder, which by default has more of each type because it's so big ,that will have a good amount of very yeshivish, yeshivish, jpf & balebatish in one.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 8:26 am
I have a relative that sends to Tashbar, and they are perhaps more cool/trendy, but they are not less frum.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 8:28 am
It’s not really a mix. Doesn’t have much of a range.

amother
Chocolate  

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 8:30 am
I’ve been sending there for years. While some of the crowd has changed to cooler, keep in mind that Lakewood in general has become much cooler and I see this across the board in speaking to people who send to other yeshivas.

They are getting much stricter about who they are taking into primary.

The rebbeim all have boys in yeshiva which def sets a certain standard for the school.

I cant speak for the very young grades but they have the most incredible boys that come out of 8th grade- frum, tremendous hasmada, respect for authority, smart, Ehrlich, well-balanced, good Middos and the right values, They are on high priority lists for top mesivtas.

Good luck!

amother
Ballota

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 8:38 am
I’m an “older” parent there. It has definitely trended cooler lately. I heard they’re are getting strict with who they take. I thought about switching my remaining boys out but the truth is that the boys they put out are incredible. They know so much and are serious about learning and have great middos. I’m keeping my boys there because my kids who have come out of there are in top mesivtas and honestly have turned out to be fantastic Smile

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 10:27 am
Is it anything like ohr hachinuch?

amother
  Chocolate

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 11:03 am
amother Hosta wrote:
Is it anything like ohr hachinuch?

Maybe I’m old but never heard of this yeshiva before. Assuming it’s new? Is there an 8th grade class? What do the graduates look like?

Tashbar is an old time Lakewood mossad, tried and true. They teitsch in English so the boys understand what they’re learning but they otherwise follow the Lakewood mehalech. Yes, a lot of younger parents moved out to Jackson, Toms River, Manchester, but the values and the chinuch are still the same as before.

The boys are encouraged to reach their fullest potential in ruchnyius and they really really do.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 4:14 pm
Thank you all! Super helpful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries