Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Its green, but I have more weeds than grass!

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 8:25 pm
I have a large front lawn.

A Gardener replanted grass after a Septic job in Jackson (they removed all the grass to do the Septic job). Its green, but I have more weeds than grass! My front lawn has clover-shaped greenery that Im told is weeds, that we see more than grass

Gardener said hed treat the weeds and there would be no more weeds after 3 weeks. 100% False.

Who can reasonably eliminate weeds, so Ill see 99% grass and no or few weeds?

Can people effectively do a weed treatment themselves with some product from Amazon?

tia

GLUE

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 8:54 pm
The best time to plant grass is after Sukkos in November if you are planting grass wait till then.

Still should you plant grass? That is the question? Why are people so into their grass it's not even native from here yet people waist so much money to plant water and cut invasive weeds that they call grass.

There is nothing wrong with clover on your lawn. It might even be better for the environment if you don't take care of it and just let it grow.

What is a weed? Something you don't want in your lawn.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 8:58 pm
What's wrong with clover?? I have a patchwork lawn and super proud of it. It's pretty, it looks healthy, no pesticides, and it's good for pollinators.

boat

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 9:46 pm
Call lawn doctor

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 12:06 am
boat wrote:
Call lawn doctor

Have you used them? This review doesnt sound promising.

https://www.bbb.org/us/nj/holm.....eview

Review fromKUNNALSINH P
1 star
06/06/2024

My experience with Lawn Doctor has been incredibly frustrating and disappointing. Heres why:Last year, Lawn Doctor performed seeding on my property, but they did a poor job. There were numerous bare spots where no lawn grew. After bringing this issue to their attention, they promised to either refund me or redo the service this year. However, they have yet to fulfill this promise.Recently, a Lawn Doctor employee came to my property for a fertilizer treatment. I specifically advised him not to proceed with the treatment due to the unresolved seeding issue. I saw no reason to continue giving them business until they took care of the pending problem. The representative acknowledged this and left my property.To my shock, I later received an email stating that the fertilizer service was completed and was asked to pay an invoice of approximately $148. This charge was for a service that was never performed. When I contacted Lawn Doctor to address this issue, instead of resolving it, they decided to close my account. This action did not address the unresolved seeding issue or the erroneous invoice.Closing my account was not a solution and only added to my frustration. They never completed the promised seeding service, leaving me with a lawn full of bare spots and an unjustified invoice.In summary, Lawn Doctor has provided poor service, failed to follow through on promises, and handled customer complaints unprofessionally. I strongly advise against using their services. Save yourself the hassle and look for a more reliable lawn care provider.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 12:08 am
I used trugreen. They did a very good job. Used to have tons of weeds and they’re gone now

NotFunny

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 2:03 am
amother Khaki wrote:
I used trugreen. They did a very good job. Used to have tons of weeds and they’re gone now

Same!
Was going to post trugreen

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Sep 27 2024, 2:17 pm
NotFunny wrote:
Same!
Was going to post trugreen

Thanks.
How many visits did it take for them to eliminate the weeds?
Once they do the treatment, do they have to come back regularly?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries