Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen Sweater Complaint

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 8:36 am
My teen complained to me this morning that two uniform sweaters (they are quite pricey) are not enough. She said she doesn't like how she looks without a sweater and she doesn't have a clean one to wear this morning.

I'm pretty on top of the laundry and washed yesterday, and they day before....and I knew I didn't see any of her sweaters in the hamper. I checked her room, and sure enough, both of them are in a pile of laundry on the floor.

So ladies...do I leave them there, or move them to the hamper for her?

amother
Azure

Post Yesterday at 8:39 am
Move them to the hamper today and when she comes home from school tell her that you can only be on top of laundry that's in the hamper, if it's important to her to have clean sweaters, they need to make it to the hamper

jflower

Post Yesterday at 8:39 am
I would leave them there and have her do her own laundry.

amother
Brunette

Post Yesterday at 8:42 am
Leave it and explain it won’t be washed if it’s sitting on the floor. If you do it you’ll make it your problem and it’s not. She’s old enough to put it in the hamper when she wants it washed.

mha3484

Post Yesterday at 8:46 am
Leave them. I don't wash any laundry that doesn't get put down the chute. Its important for their chinuch to learn I wont crawl around their floor looking for their clothing.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Yesterday at 8:46 am
I would do it and then tell her where you found it and explain that the next time you won’t be doing it again.

amother
Crocus

Post Yesterday at 9:31 am
I agree that 2 sweaters are not enough.
But your daughter should be told that you can only do laundry that's in the laundry basked & that you won't be collecting laundry from her room.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Yesterday at 3:38 pm
She needs another sweater. Do you want the stress of making sure you wash one everyday? It will last longer anyway because each one is being worn less.

amother
Bellflower

Post Yesterday at 3:55 pm
Dd has 2 and it’s enough. She wears each for 2 days and I do laundry mid week. She knows that its her job to put it in the hamper or it won’t get washed. On occasion when she forgets or she gets them dirty 2 days in a row and I wasn’t doing laundry that day she’ll do her own load to have it ready the next day.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 4:05 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
She needs another sweater. Do you want the stress of making sure you wash one everyday? It will last longer anyway because each one is being worn less.

It's not a stress for me, I don't like a laundry pileup anyway. She needs to be responsible and put her laundry in the hamper. I don't need more laundry piling up on her floor.
I don't need the sweaters to last longer, she will be out of high school before they wear out.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Yesterday at 4:09 pm
How come they need to be washed daily?

You don't need more than 2 if you do laundry regularly.

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 4:11 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
How come they need to be washed daily?

You don't need more than 2 if you do laundry regularly.

She's picky like that, very clean, says it gets sweaty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children