Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Slip skirts and dresses

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 4:13 am
Why are we ok with this style? You can literally see everything when wearing a slip skirt and it looks...like a slip. And the dresses - now the style is to wear something underneath and it literally looks like lingerie. I just don't get it.

amother
Firebrick  

Post Yesterday at 4:16 am
So don’t wear it Wink

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 4:18 am
I'm not, no worries. But I do have teenage daughters who want to wear what everyone else is wearing. I want to understand this better so we have a conversation about it. Maybe Im missing something?

amother
Alyssum  

Post Yesterday at 4:18 am
My high school aged daughter really wanted a slip dress with the straps that you wear a shirt and underneath. I pointed out that it looks like she is wearing underwear in public and while I generally let her choose clothing I’m putting my foot down. It’s so unrefined. Some of the dresses even have the bra strap adjusters on them. Phe.

amother
Daylily

Post Yesterday at 4:42 am
Like any style, it depends how it’s worn and styled. Slip dresses in the correct size and cut and fit - so they aren’t pulling at hips or behind- can look really flattering and refined.

amother
  Firebrick

Post Yesterday at 4:47 am
amother Daylily wrote:
Like any style, it depends how it’s worn and styled. Slip dresses in the correct size and cut and fit - so they aren’t pulling at hips or behind- can look really flattering and refined.

True. And different materials lay differently. Satin might work for very straight figures not curvy. But linen worked well for me this season. I wore a cardigan over, not a shell under. A shell or t shirt under is a cutesy trendy look maybe better for younger kids.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Yesterday at 4:56 am
I haven’t seen a single one on people that doesn’t show the full underwear outline. Maybe people just forget to look in the mirror at what their back looks like when they walk or move.

amother
Catmint

Post Yesterday at 5:36 am
amother Daylily wrote:

It's not just about the fit. It's the material and the fact that it looks like you're walking out in your slip/forgot to put clothes on.

amother
Blueberry

Post Yesterday at 5:39 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
I haven’t seen a single one on people that doesn’t show the full underwear outline. Maybe people just forget to look in the mirror at what their back looks like when they walk or move.

I wear no show underwear with it. I agree - with a sweater on top it looks beautiful

hodeez

Post Yesterday at 5:58 am
I leave this problem to skinny people

amother
Peony  

Post Yesterday at 6:49 am
I wear a slip under the slip dress/skirt so it doesn't cling.

amother
  Peony

Post Yesterday at 6:54 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
My high school aged daughter really wanted a slip dress with the straps that you wear a shirt and underneath. I pointed out that it looks like she is wearing underwear in public and while I generally let her choose clothing I’m putting my foot down. It’s so unrefined. Some of the dresses even have the bra strap adjusters on them. Phe.

Why don't you compromise and get one with a decent top and a ribbed sweater underneath?https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E469343-000/00?colorDisplayCode=09&sizeDisplayCode=004&utm_campaign=%7Bcampaign%7D&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=%7Basset_id%7D&campaignid=20704248664&asset_group_id=%7Basset_group_id%7D&location=%7Blocation%7D&device=c&network=x&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjNS3BhChARIsAOxBM6qSMIR72irHaOVG3FcLejYpPZ6Ol7STUxqdMZAUw_Gn10bsg8m3Pg8aAiZkEALw_wcB
https://www2.hm.com/en_us/prod.....w_wcB

chestnut  

Post Yesterday at 6:56 am
amother Catmint wrote:
It's not just about the fit. It's the material and the fact that it looks like you're walking out in your slip/forgot to put clothes on.

They come in different materials, some are silkier/thinner and others are thicker

chestnut

Post Yesterday at 6:57 am
I agree that with a shirt underneath it looks weird, with those thin straps. But with something on top, especially cropped tops, it looks fine

amother
  Alyssum

Post Yesterday at 12:36 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Why don't you compromise and get one with a decent top and a ribbed sweater underneath?https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/products/E469343-000/00?colorDisplayCode=09&sizeDisplayCode=004&utm_campaign=%7Bcampaign%7D&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=%7Basset_id%7D&campaignid=20704248664&asset_group_id=%7Basset_group_id%7D&location=%7Blocation%7D&device=c&network=x&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjNS3BhChARIsAOxBM6qSMIR72irHaOVG3FcLejYpPZ6Ol7STUxqdMZAUw_Gn10bsg8m3Pg8aAiZkEALw_wcB

Thanks. That is much better than the one we saw. I still prefer not to buy one

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 3:59 pm
amother Peony wrote:

Even this one is very showy on top. Look at the video of when the model is walking.. or maybe dont🙈
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics