Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What month did you tell your employer that you’re pregnant?
Previous  1  2

What month did you tell your employer that you’re pregnant?
1 month  
 1%  [ 3 ]
2 month  
 2%  [ 4 ]
3 month  
 13%  [ 21 ]
4 month  
 23%  [ 37 ]
5 month  
 33%  [ 53 ]
6 month  
 16%  [ 25 ]
7 month  
 6%  [ 10 ]
8 month  
 1%  [ 2 ]
9 month  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 156

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:37 am
I told around my 5th month. I felt I should because I was taking work off for all my appointments.

amother
Linen  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:46 am
My employee gave me three weeks notice (she works remotely, so didn't see her). It really bothered me. It created a bit of chaos for me. I guess I took it for granted that most employees inform their boss early enough. Lesson learned.

amother
Clear

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 10:52 am
amother Linen wrote:
My employee gave me three weeks notice (she works remotely, so didn't see her). It really bothered me. It created a bit of chaos for me. I guess I took it for granted that most employees inform their boss early enough. Lesson learned.

Did she give birth earlier than expected? If not then wow that’s cutting it close having a week or 2 early is so common.

amother
  Linen

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:09 am
amother Clear wrote:
Did she give birth earlier than expected? If not then wow that’s cutting it close having a week or 2 early is so common.

At most she was early a week. At the beginning of August she said "I'm due at the end of August." Three weeks later she had a baby.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:49 am
I don't think there is a law in the US about when you have to tell by. That always struck me as odd.

I'm at the end of my first trimester and telling my boss next week. I'm hoping he'll let me work more from home but we will see.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 11:50 pm
I told my male boss about a month before my due date. There was no one I would have to give my work over to, and I think 4 weeks was more than enough notice in my case. He didn’t seem bothered I told him that late

ttheswipper

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 10:19 pm
It was my first so I wasnt really showing. Even when I did start I didnt really feel like I had to go tell her. She picked up on it just like everyone else and when it came into the convo I told her.
amother Glitter wrote:
I get paid hourly, if I don't come I don't get paid.
It's a very informal office, just me and the boss, I don't have a contract or anything.

For those who told in 6 months, were you not showing?

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 10:36 pm
amother Linen wrote:

Most employees do tell with sufficient notice as the poll shows. Your employee was unprofessional and inconsiderate. Not okay.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 11:10 pm
I started a new job right around the end of my first trimester. I told my new boss before I officially accepted the job because I have very difficult high-risk hg pregnancies and wanted to make sure the work environment would be such that I could feel supported and not have to worry that my new boss would feel that I misled him in any way.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics