Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank you imamother!

lamplighter

Post Yesterday at 6:41 pm
I was at a school event last night and there was a woman who was obviously (to the principal as well) on her phone reading and typing. She even picked up 3 phone calls and loudly whispered for a minute or two.
Normally I would be appalled at the disrespect. For some reason my brain went to all the stories I've read here about all kinds of challenges women have, many hidden to others and I felt my frustration dissipate. How do I know what crisis she's dealing with or what she has going on?
I was so easily able to be dan lkaf zechus.
Thank you imamother for opening my eyes to this concept of dan lkaf zechus. That behind every woman is a story and everyone deserves my grace.

amother
Brunette

Post Yesterday at 6:46 pm
I went to a shiur the other day and was typing on my phone the whole time. And I just kept thinking the people on imamother will write a rant about how I should have stayed home if I was going to be busy typing. I made sure to take a back corner seat so that I wouldn't be disturbing anyone.

The reason I was on the phone was because I just found out a close relative was rushed to the hospital. My husband said I should go to the shiur anyway there was nothing I could do at the time and it was best to be distracted. But I started getting updates on the situation so I was asking questions. I did listen to the shiur too and it was really good for me that I went, and very necessary for me.

mushkamothers

Post Yesterday at 6:51 pm
There have been a few times when I had immediate work deadlines but the kids wouldn't let me sit at the computer so I took them out to the park or for a walk somewhere and then stayed glued to my phone and couldn't even talk to them or look at them. Always wonder what people think. Like once we all went to the zoo and I was on my phone the whole time trying to make a deadline within the hour instead of "participating in the family trip".

amother
Canary

Post Yesterday at 8:24 pm
I recently was at a Shiur and I was taking notes on paper but my hand started hurting so I switched to taking notes on my phone.
I hope that people realize that if you’re typing during a Shiur it’s cuz you’re taking notes on the Shiur.

amother
Wine

Post Yesterday at 8:26 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
There have been a few times when I had immediate work deadlines but the kids wouldn't let me sit at the computer so I took them out to the park or for a walk somewhere and then stayed glued to my phone and couldn't even talk to them or look at them. Always wonder what people think. Like once we all went to the zoo and I was on my phone the whole time trying to make a deadline within the hour instead of "participating in the family trip".

I mean, they were probably thinking something like, “that mother is so busy with stuff/work that she can’t even look up from her phone to be present with her kids.” Which is the truth. I’m sure you wish it wasn’t this way, but that’s the sad reality for your kids.

Can you get your kids an attentive babysitter or relative while you’re working?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette