Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Maaser inspiration

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 2:38 pm
Due to a number of circumstances our income has decreased. However, I still want to prioritize giving full maaser even if it means we won’t be able to save much or at all or if we can use it for something else
I want to hear good things only and stories that will inspire me to continue even though it’s hard

queensmom

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 2:46 pm
Following it’s an expensive time of year

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Sep 24 2024, 3:04 pm
You only gain from giving Hashem mirrors the behavior
The harder the work the more sechar
Hashem says test Him with maaser . Hashem also says test Him with chomesh - with a garuntee you will be taken care of and more
It just you need to make sure you’re doing it correctly and giving how it’s suppose to from all income streams etc

However , check with your lor about even being allowed to continue to give full
If it means taking away from what the other stuff you normally ( not saying extras or vacation)
Bc sometimes Hashem is saying no I don’t want this from you now that’s why you’re not obligated and I want you closer to Me and I want you to fully trust and rely on Me

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 11:45 pm
I give a chomesh. I hope to never change this practice as I don't think I'd be able to afford it!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Sep 26 2024, 12:01 am
I wish I could give maaser now, but unfortunately we are going through a really tough spot and can’t even cover our basic expenses. It was the one of the hardest thing for me to give up out of all the expenses we had to cut back on. Especially now I get so many requests for help with yom tov coming around and I feel so depressed that I can’t give anything, like I failed somehow

IYH I should get back to that place soon, as I’m sure you will! We try to give our time instead which is amazing! I’ll bake or cook for whoever needs, run errands when I can, DH volunteers weekly at a local org. It’s the only thing we can do for now but it’s really great to feel like we can still do something positive even without writing a check
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics