Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Thoughts on eternity band
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 12:35 pm
writinggirl wrote:
I think this is just one more example of how luxury has become so attainable in the frum/yeshivish world. Just as Aliexpress normalized wearing Gucci loafers, Moncler coats and Stella McCartney bags, people are now only buying the biggest jewelry pieces they can get, with no regard for inherent quality. Furthermore, it really just shows a skew of priorities- just spend and spend to keep up with all these new “norms” rather than stop to think about saving money or leaving luxury purchases for the ultra-rich. Today “everyone” has to have it all. When I am in the supermarket and see women decked out in diamonds while paying with an EBT card, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

I find this so judgmental of you. There are so many reasons somebody may need to be on EBT (whether temp or long term) and no body needs to feel insecure about what they choose to wear when checking out of a supermarket. How do you know she didn't inherit something from a family member? heck, how do you know if its even real to begin with? Or maybe they're struggling financially and her or her husband saved up so that she can get something that will bring her joy. Everyone is entitled to making their own financial decisions whether they spend on cleaning help, overnight camps, organic food for their children or jewelry. No one deserves to feel judged for swiping an EBT card. Be grateful you don't need to.

amother
  Burntblack  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:16 pm

amother
  DarkOrange  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:20 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
Depends on the size of the stones and how long ago it was bought. Also she bought it already. No need to make her feel bad for her purchase. She's happy with it.

Also, just because you got an amazing deal doesn't mean that getting a fair or average deal is necessary bad.

True. I will delete my post. My intention was not to make anybody feel bad and if I did I'll delete it.

amother
  DarkOrange  

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:22 pm
Depends on the size of the stones and how long ago it was bought. Also she bought it already. No need to make her feel bad for her purchase. She's happy with it.

Also, just because you got an amazing deal doesn't mean that getting a fair or average deal is necessary bad.

I deleted my post. I would appreciate if you can delete the quote.

amother
  Burntblack

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:23 pm
I did. U probably have to delete the ones in your post also.

amother
  DarkOrange

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:25 pm
I did. U probably have to delete the ones in your post also.

I did. It was only one post I think.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 4:40 pm
Just do what you want
Wear what you want
Spend what you want
Use your best judgement
Don’t worry about thoughts of the peanut gallery
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics