Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Where to shop, dd has a hard time standing

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:05 pm
My dd 15 is recovering from a foot injury and has a hard time being on her feet. We’ve been trying to shop for winter clothing but the lines are so long and the stores are crazy with no place to sit. Any recommendations for a store we can go that’s quiet? Maybe has appointments that don’t require a purchase? I’m nervous to make an appointment that you need to commit to buy something since she’s very picky.

Raizle  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:08 pm
She should take crutches and ask some shop workers to skip the line. Its perfectly valid. I've been in that situation and no one begrudged me going ahead of the line.

Chayalle

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:11 pm
Take her out of school one day. It'll be much quiter than on a Sunday. And try a store, where she can sit in the dressing room and you bring her clothes to try on.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:12 pm
Good idea to use crutches! But will people think she’s nuts if she comes out of the dressing room on 2 feet to check out in the mirror? She could walk bH its just painful

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:21 pm
Not quiet but I was successful in imbue in the past and they have a bench in the store for your daughter to sit.
Fame(next door) also has a bunch of armchairs right in front of dressing rooms.
Is it an option to go in the morning as soon as they open?
Or maybe on Friday right after school.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:43 pm
Bring along a folding stool. Refuah shleima!

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 10:44 pm
Thanks! I may try taking her during school hours after an appointment that we have anyway. I just feel guilty cuz I know the school is really strict about taking off.

Raizle

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 11:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
Good idea to use crutches! But will people think she’s nuts if she comes out of the dressing room on 2 feet to check out in the mirror? She could walk bH its just painful

lots of people with foot injuries can take steps unassisted but need the crutches for more extensive walking and standing and even then they walk but use the crutches to take some of the weight. but if you are worried let her wrap a bandage on her foot or limp a little.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 12:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! I may try taking her during school hours after an appointment that we have anyway. I just feel guilty cuz I know the school is really strict about taking off.

No one has to know that you went shopping after her appointment.
I would definitely take her during the day.

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 12:49 am
How about one of those canes that folds out into a little seat? Maybe you can borrow one from Yad Sarah?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Sep 23 2024, 12:50 am
During the day or straight from school.
We have been going mid week straight from school and stores are not so crazy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries