Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
10 KG in 10 DAYS?!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Lilac  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 3:44 am
I would only do it for 3 days, then eat normally but healthy as possible the rest of the week, then start again. That's what I want to try. Or every other day at least. It's a very hard diet to stick to but you'll definitely lose weight!

Eastcoastmom  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 4:56 am
amother Lilac wrote:
I would only do it for 3 days, then eat normally but healthy as possible the rest of the week, then start again. That's what I want to try. Or every other day at least. It's a very hard diet to stick to but you'll definitely lose weight!

I like this idea actually. Day two is just starting today so I'll decide what I want to do tomorrow night. Thank you for the idea!

amother
  Lilac  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 5:22 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
I like this idea actually. Day two is just starting today so I'll decide what I want to do tomorrow night. Thank you for the idea!

Great! Happy to help. Now I need to put it into practice too. I'm the same weight as you ☺️

Id probably choose Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for my days. I really want to try this! Maybe next week. I'm a type 1 diabetic though so I'm not sure if I can. I guess I can try it and see.

amother
Canary  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 6:21 am
I cant open the link but would love to learn more about this diet. Can somebody please summarize for me? thanks

Eastcoastmom  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 7:01 am
amother Canary wrote:
I cant open the link but would love to learn more about this diet. Can somebody please summarize for me? thanks

10 days:
Breakfast 3 boiled eggs and a cup of green tea
Lunch 3 boiled eggs, an apple and a cup of green tea
Dinner 1 bowl of prepared oats (3 Tbsp oats, 1/2 cup milk, half cup water boiled) with some fruit and nuts (avoid apricots, raisins and other high sugar content fruits) - can have a bit of honey to sweeten it
Snack on carrots and cucumbers between meals
Apple and Green tea an hour before bedtime

amother
  Canary

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 7:37 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
10 days:
Breakfast 3 boiled eggs and a cup of green tea
Lunch 3 boiled eggs, an apple and a cup of green tea
Dinner 1 bowl of prepared oats (3 Tbsp oats, 1/2 cup milk, half cup water boiled) with some fruit and nuts (avoid apricots, raisins and other high sugar content fruits) - can have a bit of honey to sweeten it
Snack on carrots and cucumbers between meals
Apple and Green tea an hour before bedtime

thanks so much! wow, this diet would leave me feeling ravenous!

amother
  Lilac  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 8:14 am
I'll be having coffee with coconut milk instead of the green tea which I can't stand the taste of. I don't like any teas. Yuck.

Id love to do it together with you. I'm hoping to start on Monday iyH. Just for 3 days. Send more doable although I hope I manage. It's very restrictive!

Eastcoastmom  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 2:39 pm
amother Lilac wrote:
I'll be having coffee with coconut milk instead of the green tea which I can't stand the taste of. I don't like any teas. Yuck.

Id love to do it together with you. I'm hoping to start on Monday iyH. Just for 3 days. Send more doable although I hope I manage. It's very restrictive!

Nearing the end of day two and I'm not as hungry as I thought I'd be. And I was so nervous about the green tea, I was sure I'd hate it but I am enjoying it. I think coffee isnt allowed on this plan. Yes it's definitely very restrictive but if only for 3 days it's super doable! Good luck!

amother
  Emerald

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 3:48 pm
amother Lilac wrote:

I would love to try for a few days but I don't eat fruit. What would you replace apple with?

ora_43

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 12:49 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
I'm from that 0.01% who is that level of desperate Very Happy
And I'm not a pro athlete or anything and don't have any events coming up.

I've started this morning. Just to test if this even works!

When it comes to diets there are possibilities a lot worse than "doesn't work."

A crash diet (ie going way under your needed daily dose of calories) can mess with your metabolism for months or even YEARS. Making it harder to lose weight in the future.

You can lose muscle mass.

You can experience bouts of anger or even rage due to your blood sugar going haywire (not great if, say, you're in charge of small children).

Loss of nutrients can lead to hair loss, weak nails, brain fog, and some other nasty things.

Particularly bad diets can damage your immune system, heart, or liver.

I'm not against dieting in general. But sorry, your approach here is really dangerous. Is this specific diet dangerous - I don't know. But in general to approach extreme diets with an attitude of "whelp, may as well try!" is not a good idea. There are real risks. I really strongly recommend that anyone considering a diet like this run it by a nutritionist first. At a minimum, you don't want to do more harm than good.

Eastcoastmom  

Post Fri, Sep 20 2024, 3:15 am
ora_43 wrote:
When it comes to diets there are possibilities a lot worse than "doesn't work."

A crash diet (ie going way under your needed daily dose of calories) can mess with your metabolism for months or even YEARS. Making it harder to lose weight in the future.

You can lose muscle mass.

You can experience bouts of anger or even rage due to your blood sugar going haywire (not great if, say, you're in charge of small children).

Loss of nutrients can lead to hair loss, weak nails, brain fog, and some other nasty things.

Particularly bad diets can damage your immune system, heart, or liver.

I'm not against dieting in general. But sorry, your approach here is really dangerous. Is this specific diet dangerous - I don't know. But in general to approach extreme diets with an attitude of "whelp, may as well try!" is not a good idea. There are real risks. I really strongly recommend that anyone considering a diet like this run it by a nutritionist first. At a minimum, you don't want to do more harm than good.

Thank you for your concern.
I agree that some crash diets can be dangerous for the wrong people.
By that logic, isn't banding/the sleeve or a gastric bypass far more dangerous?
I'm currently at 900 to 1000 calories a day, and getting protein, carbs, calcium, natural sugars,
And this is for a maximum of 10 days
People who staple are absorbing far less calories, starting with liquid only, long term!

amother
  Lilac  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 3:30 am
How's it going? Did anyone do it over Shabbos?
I couldn't do it on Shabbos.
Started today, really hope I can do this for 3 days until I get weighed on Tues evening.

I think the trick is to snack on cucumbers and carrots throughout the day to keep our metabolism going.

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 5:35 am
I did this but I mixed the eggs with tuna. I ended up allergic to eggs and couldn’t eat eggs for another year (unless they were baked into a food) 0/10 would not do again.

amother
  Lilac  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 5:53 am
amother Seablue wrote:
I did this but I mixed the eggs with tuna. I ended up allergic to eggs and couldn’t eat eggs for another year (unless they were baked into a food) 0/10 would not do again.

Omg that's crazy. I have a lot of eggs as it is so I know I'm not allergic to them. 6 a day is a lot for me though. I usually have around 3-4

I'm up to my Apple as part of my lunch.
Do I need to have the eggs now or can I have them in an hour or so? I'm too full because I had breakfast later than usual today as it's Sunday.

Had cucumber and carrot as well but I'm going to stop for now because I need space for 3 more eggs and the oats later 😅

Eastcoastmom  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 8:34 am
amother Seablue wrote:

Oh my gosh

I eat lots of eggs (more egg whites than with yolks) so I'm not concerned for hat but thanks for sharing

Eastcoastmom  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 8:38 am
amother Lilac wrote:
Omg that's crazy. I have a lot of eggs as it is so I know I'm not allergic to them. 6 a day is a lot for me though. I usually have around 3-4

I'm up to my Apple as part of my lunch.
Do I need to have the eggs now or can I have them in an hour or so? I'm too full because I had breakfast later than usual today as it's Sunday.

Had cucumber and carrot as well but I'm going to stop for now because I need space for 3 more eggs and the oats later 😅

I was perfect all of Wednesday Thursday and friday, - I weighed myself just before candle lighting and lost 3.1kgs! Then decided to let myself go for Shabbos but only for the meals. I had Challah, dips, kugel, desert, everything but didn't eat any cake or nosh between meals. Weighed myself this morning, gained 1.2kgs.
179.2lbs this morning and started fresh.
Thrilled so far!

amother
  Lilac  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 8:43 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
I was perfect all of Wednesday Thursday and friday, - I weighed myself just before candle lighting and lost 3.1kgs! Then decided to let myself go for Shabbos but only for the meals. I had Challah, dips, kugel, desert, everything but didn't eat any cake or nosh between meals. Weighed myself this morning, gained 1.2kgs.
179.2lbs this morning and started fresh.
Thrilled so far!

That's amazing! I'm most of the way through day one. Wednesday can't come quick enough 😅 not planning to binge or anything just a couple of treats. It's anyway my treat day as it's my day off work so I'll get a lasagne takeaway and a little chocolate or something and eat healthy the rest of the day. Then Thurs, Fri and Shabbos regular being careful and trying my best to eat healthy as possible.
Then Sunday I plan to start again for 3 days. But let's see how these 3 days go for me first.
🫣
Not easy! I'm already kind of fed up of eggs and I've only had 6!

Eastcoastmom  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 8:47 am
amother Lilac wrote:
That's amazing! I'm most of the way through day one. Wednesday can't come quick enough 😅 not planning to binge or anything just a couple of treats. It's anyway my treat day as it's my day off work so I'll get a lasagne takeaway and a little chocolate or something and eat healthy the rest of the day. Then Thurs, Fri and Shabbos regular being careful and trying my best to eat healthy as possible.
Then Sunday I plan to start again for 3 days. But let's see how these 3 days go for me first.
🫣
Not easy! I'm already kind of fed up of eggs and I've only had 6!

The first day was the hardest!
It gets easier

amother
  Lilac  

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 8:51 am
Eastcoastmom wrote:
The first day was the hardest!
It gets easier

Phew 😅 so happy that I've found someone to do it with. So much harder on your own.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Sep 22 2024, 9:56 am
Good luck imas who are trying it. When I was younger a 3 day diet was popular. I don't remember it exactly but breakfast for example was 9 snackers, sardines and green beans. Similar lunch (maybe hard boiled eggs!) and chicken and veg for supper. All very weighed out but the best bit was 60g vanilla ice cream in the evening!

It was good to kick-start a diet. A different one was 6 bananas and I think 3 mugs of skimmed milk per day which was also good. My mum did hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise