Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Thoughts on eternity band
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 6:50 pm
Hi all,

I’m a young kollel wife who works hard. I got a lab grown half eternity band after the birth of my first baby. 0.25 pointers 7 stones.

Sometimes I feel like a fraud.

What are your thoughts on a lab grown half eternity band? Is this real or am I a fraud?

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 6:51 pm
Huh?

amother
Feverfew  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 6:53 pm
So many ppl are wearing fakes from aliexpress or CR

amother
Coffee  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 6:53 pm
I prefer lab grown over real
$$$$$$

amother
Rainbow

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 6:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi all,

I’m a young kollel wife who works hard. I got a lab grown half eternity band after the birth of my first baby. 0.25 pointers 7 stones.

What are your thoughts on a lab grown half eternity band? Is this real or am I a fraud?

You’re asking if you’re a fraud for wearing something that looks more expensive than it really is?

amother
Tuberose  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 6:58 pm
Why would you feel like a fraud?

I’m pretty sure my neighbor wears lab diamonds because I can’t imagine they have a spare 100k to buy this stuff in real at age 35

I have a half eternity band because I don’t like the feel of a full one

Enjoy Smile

amother
Pumpkin  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 6:59 pm
I went into a well known jewelry store in Lakewood yesterday that is straight up selling knockoffs of a certain famous jewelry design. That is fraud, lab grown is not

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:02 pm
I have no problem with lab grown diamond . Quality lab grown diamonds are impossible for the naked untrained eye to discern.
I do have a problem with everyone feeling they must have an eternity band ASAP. It used to be a wealthy man's gift for a big mile stone (20yr anniversary)

amother
  Pumpkin  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:03 pm
Also for the record, I know many women who buy lab grown even though they can afford natural diamonds. Lab grown is nicer clarity and color, and a fraction of the price and why throw money down the drain?

One friend in particular just spent 100k+ on a piece of furniture, but her last jewelry purchase was lab

amother
DarkOrange  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi all,

I recently bought a full lab grown eternity band. .37 pointers. I paid $1950. It's gorgeous! It's a masterpiece AND I didn't have to rob a bank for it. Go on Molly's jewelry site. They have 2 points smaller and 3 points bigger. Compare the price to what I paid.

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:14 pm
My very personal opinion is that it’s ridiculous how every kollel wife after her first baby gets an eternity band. Real or not.
I would ever wear one until I’m like 40. I think it looks ridiculous but everyone gets them so it’s the new normal

amother
Chicory  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:15 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I recently bought a full lab grown eternity band. .37 pointers. I paid $1950. It's gorgeous! It's a masterpiece AND I didn't have to rob a bank for it. Go on Molly's jewelry site. They have 2 points smaller and 3 points bigger. Compare the price to what I paid.

I can't understand why paying 2k is a great price for a peice of jewelry that essentially has no resale value.

amother
  Chicory  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:16 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
My very personal opinion is that it’s ridiculous how every kollel wife after her first baby gets an eternity band. Real or not.
I would ever wear one until I’m like 40. I think it looks ridiculous but everyone gets them so it’s the new normal

100%

What are they going to get for 10 and 20th anniversary?

amother
Zinnia

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:20 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I can't understand why paying 2k is a great price for a peice of jewelry that essentially has no resale value.

Exactly. Are the frum jewelry stores hiking up the prices of lab like 1000% so that it’s still expensive, in order for ppl to accept lab diamonds as legit? Because lab diamonds should be so so so much cheaper but then the population would view it as worthless or fake

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:20 pm
amother Chicory wrote:

I don't understand either. Most people care about the look and not about the resell value or passing it on to family after 120.

My dd got a choice for her diamond ring. Real small stone or large lab grown.

I personally would have taken the real. Dd wanted a big stone, didn't mind that it was lab.

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:22 pm
Thanks for taking the take to reply.

As far as 10 or 20th anniversary, I don’t know. But I had a very difficult pregnancy and this is what got me through.

My question is is a half lab grown eternity band a fake out.

PinkFridge  

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:23 pm
DrMom wrote:
Huh?

Yep.
I've been hearing about them and I had to google. Not something my cohort of friends is into.

amother
Impatiens

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:26 pm
It's not a fake out. Enjoy it. The masses have all embraces lab and it's not like you're wearing a knockoff chanel bag. You like the ring, wear the ring. Stop overthinking

amother
Hyacinth

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:28 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
Also for the record, I know many women who buy lab grown even though they can afford natural diamonds. Lab grown is nicer clarity and color, and a fraction of the price and why throw money down the drain?

One friend in particular just spent 100k+ on a piece of furniture, but her last jewelry purchase was lab

Can you by any chance link that piece she bought for 100k?? I LOVE these stuff!!

amother
  Feverfew

Post Sat, Sep 21 2024, 7:33 pm
amother Chicory wrote:

Very little jewelry today has resale value after the weight of gold.
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics