Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I can’t wake up early!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

hodeez

Post Today at 1:33 pm
I have a friend who brings her kid to the living room where there's toys and puts a pillow and blanket on the floor. So she dozes in and out while the kid plays

amother
  Cadetblue  

Post Today at 1:34 pm
amother Cream wrote:
Why is a toddler waking up in middle of the night and then at 5

It’s common

amother
  Cream  

Post Today at 1:35 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
It’s common

It's not common for toddlers not to sleep through the night.

amother
  Cadetblue

Post Today at 1:38 pm
amother Cream wrote:
It's not common for toddlers not to sleep through the night.

It is pretty common. It’s annoying but it happens often. Also toddlers who were
Previously sleep trained often go through regressions. We also don’t know how old her toddler is. Can be 15 months or 3 years old. She never specified.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 3:53 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Previously sleep trained often go through regressions. We also don’t know how old her toddler is. Can be 15 months or 3 years old. She never specified.

15 months, so still a baby in a lot of ways:)
Bh he is sleeping better at night but is still up usually once or twice

The waking up at 5 really isn’t good for him because he then gets exhausted by the time we’re ready to go to school.
I forgot about the time change so thank you, yes that should hopefully help a bit!

amother
Pearl

Post Today at 3:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
15 months, so still a baby in a lot of ways:)
Bh he is sleeping better at night but is still up usually once or twice

The waking up at 5 really isn’t good for him because he then gets exhausted by the time we’re ready to go to school.
I forgot about the time change so thank you, yes that should hopefully help a bit!

Does he need more food during the day or milk?

amother
Tealblue

Post Today at 4:00 pm
I would work on his overall schedule. If he's up at 5 for the day then he's probably sleeping too much during the day or going to sleep too early.

amother
  Apple  

Post Today at 4:03 pm
I would leave him in his crib til 6 and let him play.

amother
  Apple

Post Today at 4:04 pm
Also whats his daytime schedule like? If he is napling 2x I would cut down to 1.

snooper86

Post Today at 4:05 pm
I’d suggest working with a sleep coach. It might just help you immensely. I know a few people that used one and it worked amazing for them.

But yeah 5am is absolutely not wake up time in my house, it’s back to bed.

amother
Ginger

Post Today at 4:10 pm
Do you have a noise machine and darkening shades? That should help

amother
Forsythia

Post Today at 4:26 pm
Room darkening helped us. Without it ny toddler is up at 5 too. Now he sleeps until 7.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 5:19 pm
Only one nap a day, ranges from 30-90 minutes
Doesn’t drink milk, I’ve tried everything but he spits it out, I do a lot of full fat yogurt instead per my pediatricians suggestion.
I have darkening curtains and a sound machine. He’s never been a great sleeper and screams if I leave him in his crib even with toys.
A sleep coach would probably be really helpful but not something we can afford right now

amother
  Cream

Post Today at 5:22 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:

A 15 month old typically sleeps through the night, especially if sleep trained. Maybe wakes up in middle of the night once in a while but shouldn't be doing it consistently every night. Maybe this child wasn't sleep trained and therefore wakes up so often

amother
Apricot

Post Today at 5:24 pm
I would "sleep" on the couch and leave my toddler with me in the living room to play.

amother
  Cherry  

Post Today at 5:37 pm
What time does you toddler go to sleep? Try to put him to bed later maybe like 8/830 and don't nap him during the day. The first few days will be hard but his body will get used to it and he will start waking up at 8

tichellady  

Post Today at 5:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Only one nap a day, ranges from 30-90 minutes
Doesn’t drink milk, I’ve tried everything but he spits it out, I do a lot of full fat yogurt instead per my pediatricians suggestion.
I have darkening curtains and a sound machine. He’s never been a great sleeper and screams if I leave him in his crib even with toys.
A sleep coach would probably be really helpful but not something we can afford right now

What time does he go to sleep? Sounds like he’s not getting enough sleep and maybe needs an earlier bedtime. Won’t happen right now but try it for a week or so

tichellady  

Post Today at 5:46 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
What time does you toddler go to sleep? Try to put him to bed later maybe like 8/830 and don't nap him during the day. The first few days will be hard but his body will get used to it and he will start waking up at 8

I think the opposite actually. Especially at 15 months.

amother
  Cherry

Post Today at 5:53 pm
tichellady wrote:
I think the opposite actually. Especially at 15 months.
My toddler only functions on those schedules otherwise she's up so early

amother
Watermelon

Post Today at 5:55 pm
There are really great tips and tricks in the thread already, so won’t post more.
But-till those things help- know that nothing will happen with some screen time if that is what’s saving your sanity.
I’m also so so against screen time, but I had a period of time with a young toddler that was waking up very early too + a baby that didn’t sleep through the night, and my toddler had an hour of screen time every single morning for MONTHS at end. And guess what?? He is now a few years older, never has screen time aside for fast days, chol hamoed etc, and is an adorable, well adjusted, bright kid.
So yes, work on avoiding it by getting her to sleep later etc, but till then please do not feel guilty and know she’ll be ok!!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics