Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
ADHD and recipes

amother
OP

Post Today at 5:25 pm
I need to cook for all the yom tov meals and I’m overwhelmed by my recipe collection. Millions on my phone, hundreds of magazine cutouts, handwritten.
When I cook I hate using my phone. But my phone has most of my recipes!
How do you do it?

amother
Catmint

Post Today at 5:32 pm
Totally get you, when I need to use my phone for recipes I get extremely distracted. I try to write them down.

Maybe collect all the recipes you want to use for Yom Tov or just for a specific day and write it down in one place so you don’t have to keep looking for it. (Side note Chez Chaya made a really nice PDF for $9.99 you download once and print for yourself as many as you like)

amother
Latte

Post Today at 5:43 pm
I do the same and never end up making any. So much information overload and fomo.it gets too much and I just let go instead of searching etc

amother
Aquamarine

Post Today at 5:49 pm
I have ADHD and love having them on my phone-I can search specific words in the photos app rather than having to organize all of them. iPhone also has “select all text” from an image, so you can find the recipe you want and copy the text to a doc if that’s better for you.

amother
NeonPink

Post Today at 6:46 pm
I take pictures of all my recipes and then you can search for it in google photos. It even can recognise handwriting. Then I print it out when im making it. This way I dont need the recipe card to stay clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics