Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
I can’t wake up early!
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Today at 5:40 am
I’m having such a hard time getting out of bed with my toddler. I end up showing him videos on my phone for about an hour, sometimes a little less. I HATE that I do this, I really don’t believe in screen time at this age except for extenuating circumstances (ie when I had a miscarriage and really needed rest, Tisha bav, etc) every morning I have such guilt once I actually get up but somehow each morning I keep doing it again. Any suggestions to help me?
(Yes I should go to bed earlier but at the moment with all the responsibilities I have it won’t happen)

teachkids

Post Today at 5:46 am
Can you bring any other calm toys to your bed/ room him to chill?

amother
Slategray

Post Today at 5:46 am
Why do you have to give screentime? Give him a snack and a box of toys.

amother
Powderblue

Post Today at 5:47 am
I bout a little ball pit to keep in my bedroom, and only took it out before I went to bed so it couldn’t be played with any other time (thereby keeping it exciting)

amother
Feverfew

Post Today at 6:18 am
What time does your toddler wake up?

amother
Snow  

Post Today at 6:23 am
What time does he wake up?
I take my son to my room & give him a pile of books & toys. I sometimes put toys in his bed & he plays there. I also offer him a snack like a yogurt pouch or string cheese.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 9:56 am
I tried giving toys, he was entertained for a total of 5 minutes until he wanted me to play with him.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 9:56 am
amother Powderblue wrote:
I bout a little ball pit to keep in my bedroom, and only took it out before I went to bed so it couldn’t be played with any other time (thereby keeping it exciting)

Love this idea thank you!

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 9:57 am
amother Slategray wrote:
Why do you have to give screentime? Give him a snack and a box of toys.

Of course I don’t have to, I don’t want to. But at this particular moment in my life due to a lot of things happening I am extremely overtired and overworked and trying to get every bit of sleep I can. Please don’t make me feel more guilty, I’m beating myself up enough as it is

amother
  Snow

Post Today at 10:55 am
amother OP wrote:
I tried giving toys, he was entertained for a total of 5 minutes until he wanted me to play with him.

What time does he get up?

tichellady

Post Today at 10:55 am
It’s really hard

amother
Apple  

Post Today at 10:57 am
Can you try to get to sleep earlier? Have your husband take the morning shift?

amother
Cherry

Post Today at 1:07 pm
I had the same thing. I used to give my toddler screen time when she woke up even tho I'm so against it. Try keeping your phone in another room by the time you get up wash your hands and go put on a video you might wake up a little.

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 1:20 pm
tichellady wrote:
It’s really hard

Thanks for the validation Heart

amother
  OP  

amother Snow wrote:
What time does he get up?

Depends on the day, today was 5

amother
  OP  

amother Apple wrote:
Can you try to get to sleep earlier? Have your husband take the morning shift?

My husband takes him throughout the night so I don’t really want to make him do the morning shift too

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 1:21 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
I had the same thing. I used to give my toddler screen time when she woke up even tho I'm so against it. Try keeping your phone in another room by the time you get up wash your hands and go put on a video you might wake up a little.

Thank you, this is a good idea!

amother
Cadetblue  

Post Today at 1:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m having such a hard time getting out of bed with my toddler. I end up showing him videos on my phone for about an hour, sometimes a little less. I HATE that I do this, I really don’t believe in screen time at this age except for extenuating circumstances (ie when I had a miscarriage and really needed rest, Tisha bav, etc) every morning I have such guilt once I actually get up but somehow each morning I keep doing it again. Any suggestions to help me?
(Yes I should go to bed earlier but at the moment with all the responsibilities I have it won’t happen)

I have the same issue. I’ve done videos too. It’s so hard to wake up early. Will he go back to sleep next to you ? I’ve done that and my toddler will sometimes.

agreer

Post Today at 1:30 pm
In a few weeks we will move the clock forward. Keep him on this schedule and he'll sleep till 6. 5 is really early!

amother
Cream  

Post Today at 1:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
My husband takes him throughout the night so I don’t really want to make him do the morning shift too

Why is a toddler waking up in middle of the night and then at 5
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics