Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How many of you ima’s go to therapy?
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:33 pm
So curious how many of you are in or was recently in therapy? It seems like the real norm on here

amother
Steel

Post Yesterday at 9:34 pm
Not currently but I have been

amother
Ecru

Post Yesterday at 9:41 pm
Been in therapy for over ten years and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Can’t imagine life without it.

amother
Blueberry

Post Yesterday at 9:42 pm
Who don't you do a poll
ETA I found one https://www.imamother.com/foru.....75200

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 9:46 pm
I’ve never been in therapy, I’m nervous about it. I feel like it can be very harmful

amother
Purple

Post Yesterday at 9:51 pm
I have been and it saved my sanity. stopped and going back soon because I feel I still need a lot more help.

amother
Tuberose

Post Yesterday at 10:13 pm
I’ve seen a few therapist over the years.
I always think that I’m the only one seeing a therapist.

amother
Blonde

Post Yesterday at 10:15 pm
I’m in therapy now and really working hard on myself . I have been growing by leaps and bounds .

amother
Hydrangea  

Post Yesterday at 10:43 pm
I recently went through a traumatic event and started going to therapy, talking about the event got me talking about my life... b"h I'm doing better now in my life, but still working on getting past the actual trauma event.

amother
Opal

Post Yesterday at 10:45 pm
Now for an added dimension, those in therapy who are happy with their therapist could you please post leads?
Looking specifically for therapy with parenting assistance. Parenting burnout on account of challenging neurodivergent kids. Direction on parenting my adorable challenging kids etc
Thanks!

amother
  Hydrangea  

Post Yesterday at 10:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’ve never been in therapy, I’m nervous about it. I feel like it can be very harmful

Yes, there have been alot of ads recently saying that therapy is bad and not everyone needs therapy.

Ex - someone posted here there was recently an article in the yated about someone who wanted validation that she was doing a good job at work - the response at the end was maybe go to therapy to figure out why you need validation.
I think that was overboard, everyone needs validation and positive feedback at work.

So yea, I think it also matters why you're going to therapy to begin with.

OMG!

Post Yesterday at 11:00 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Now for an added dimension, those in therapy who are happy with their therapist could you please post leads?
Looking specifically for therapy with parenting assistance. Parenting burnout on account of challenging neurodivergent kids. Direction on parenting my adorable challenging kids etc
Thanks!

Sounds like You need guidance more than therapy. Or a good parenting method. If you speak Yiddish I can recommend someone

amother
Dustypink

Post Today at 2:40 am
I recently went through something quite traumatic in my marriage, so went to see someone.
First session was great. The next one was a waste of time, so I stopped.
I think I just needed to talk through it with someone to move past it.

amother
Yolk

Post Today at 7:35 am
Marriage therapy for me. My only regret is not starting 10 years ago before the problems became so big.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Today at 7:40 am
I wish I could afford it. I used to go. But stopped.
Once the business turns around, I plan to be back.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Today at 11:27 am
Therapy is very fashionable these days, but that means nothing. Like any other professional from lawn care to law 'n' order, some people need them and some don't, some people who don't need them consult them anyway, some people who do need them don't consult them, some providers are good and some do more harm than good, some are totally worth the time and money and some are not.

Do what 's best for you and don't worry about what percentage of the population has done the same. Just as not everyone needs a professional organizer or personal shopper, so, too, not everyone needs therapy.

And be aware that, just as in physical therapy, the therapist guides you but doesn't do the work for you. You have to do the "homework assignments" otherwise the therapy is of no value.

Unless, of course, what you really need is a shoulder to cry on and not therapy at all. If you can't or won't kvetch to your sister, mother or best friend, and you have the means to pay someone by the hour to hear you talk, then by all means do so if it makes you feel better and keeps you from doing something regrettable.

amother
Poppy

Post Today at 3:08 pm
I would venture that fifty percent of ppl at least will be in therapy at some point in their life. Basically everybody I know has been to therapy at some point, close friends, family and myself, my husband, my parents 😊

amother
  Hydrangea

Post Today at 3:11 pm
amother Ecru wrote:
Been in therapy for over ten years and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. Can’t imagine life without it.

I don't want to sound mean, and I don't mean it in a bad way, but do you feel like you will ever "be done" with therapy?
At what point do you feel like you're "heeled"
When I sat down at my first session, I was like is this forever...

amother
Royalblue

Post Today at 3:13 pm
amother Opal wrote:
Thanks!

Have you considered Rabbi Shais Taub's parenting course?
Listen to any of his talks on neurodivergent kids on YouTube. He's a goldmine!

amother
Holly

Post Today at 3:35 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I don't want to sound mean, and I don't mean it in a bad way, but do you feel like you will ever "be done" with therapy?
At what point do you feel like you're "heeled"
When I sat down at my first session, I was like is this forever...

I so relate to this……..will I ever be healed? How long will this take? I started therapy for the first time around two years ago and I’m still going, never thought it would take so long. I like it and sometimes find myself waiting for the next session and sometimes overwhelmed with the question of when will I get there??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics