Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler nursery timing dilemma

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 3:43 pm
My toddler just started at a private nursery. The hours are until 2:45. The past week she came home at around 2:38 and today 2:34.

I'm not working right now so I was home, but I'm starting a job soon and cannot work only until 2:15. Didn't expect her home before 3 since it's around 12 min drive from my house.

The nursery officially starts at 9:30 and she's first stop so gets picked up at 8:55. I don't mind if she goes later but I understand it's hard to make the routes comfortable for everyone.
I just want to know if it's acceptable that she gets home so early. I'm paying (a lot!) until 2:45, shouldn't they only start getting dismissed 2:45?

I'm planning to call the teacher to discuss but wanted to hear here first from mothers/nursery teachers what they think. Thanks!

amother
Papaya

Post Yesterday at 3:52 pm
I don’t have much experience in this but I do want to share that last year my child was in a daycare until 215 and once I picked up early at 2 and all the children were already in coats lined up waiting for the moms to pick up.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Yesterday at 4:01 pm
That's not ok

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 4:03 pm
amother Cantaloupe wrote:
That's not ok

Thank you! I used to work w kids so I know how much work goes into taking care of them, was thinking I feel bad to call the teacher and make her crazy.

So thanks for validating me! Obviously I'll tell her nicely but I agree it's not acceptable....

Oh I also signed on a price in the beginning and the driver she hired was more expensive so she just casually told me she's going up with the price 😅
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics