Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Anyone experienced with resume and hiring? I have a question

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 1:10 pm
I am desperate for a job.
I need to write a resume up but dont know what will be best.
I worked at a place for only 2 years but it would look great on the resume because it is a well known company and impressive. I am not really seeking that type of job in that field because I was not a good fit and when Covid hit they let me go. I got along very well with the boss but he retired and the one who took it over did not like my work performance. The old boss kind of let me stay because he knew I was desperate for a job.
So my question is if I put it down on a resume will the job that I am seeking call the company without my knowledge? Is that a thing that it done?
I am new to this as I always worked for myself and never went on an interview and never needed a resume.

justforfun87

Post Yesterday at 1:15 pm
2 years now a days is a respectable amount of time to stay on a job so certainly include it. It is actually illegal for them to ask many details from my understanding. Is this for a "heimish" company?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 1:37 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
2 years now a days is a respectable amount of time to stay on a job so certainly include it. It is actually illegal for them to ask many details from my understanding. Is this for a "heimish" company?

Yes it is a heimish company.
Thanks I would love to put it on the resume because it looks very good.

amother
Blonde

Post Yesterday at 1:44 pm
They are supposed to only confirm the dates you worked there. That being said, if they want to have a conversation offline, there’s nothing to stop them. 2 years is a decent amount of time. You can always give the guy who retired as a reference, if you have his number and you give him a heads-up.

amother
Azure

Post Yesterday at 2:08 pm
I hired for a position once and only called references that were provided. If no references were provided, I didn’t call the company. That would be weird to do. I think the way I did it is standard but can’t know for sure.

I like the suggestion made in the above post to put the number of the manager who liked you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics