Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Army issues
Previous  1  2  3  4

grace413

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 10:48 am
Ruchi wrote:
I think that besides Israel, only one other country in the world has mandatory army conscription. I am not talking about the current war situation.

A quick google search shows that at least 20 countries have mandatory army service.

Ruchi  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 10:55 am
grace413 wrote:
A quick google search shows that at least 20 countries have mandatory army service.

I apologise. I got confused with female mandatory army service.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:03 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im not going to have an argument with you about this on a thread that is not about this. The argument will go back and forth and back and forth and back and forth etc. Have a nice day.

She quoting the Satmar ideology. It's worthless to try and argue with that, you're never going to win.
I have loads to say on this topic but it ain't worth it for the above mentioned reason.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 1:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m American and my husband is American Israeli. Weve been living in Israel for two years. In the past my husband got a dichui (delay) from the army but not an exemption. Now the dichui is up and they drafted him! He is supposed to show up to the army in a few weeks. We are supposed to go to America for succos in a month. If we leave we can’t come back. If we stay we can’t leave until this is cleared up which can take months. I’ve been looking forward to going home for months and I don’t know what I’ll do if we can’t go! But I also don’t want to get stuck there! My husband got advised to get trained to act crazy and take a pill that will make him act anxious before he goes to the draft so they’ll exempt him ( his friend did that) but he doesn’t really want to do that. He asked his rebbi what to do and he said he’s going to ask a shaila if we should stay and try to fight it or move back before his draft date. It’s funny cuz I wanted to move back last year but I just got comfortable here and I’m not ready to move back yet especially so suddenly! Plus my husband’s family is here and If we leave we won’t be able to come back for a few years 😢 I don’t know what I want right now lol just venting. Anyone have experience with this?

Have a safe flight. Please try not to say Lashon Hara against Israel when you are in America.
Im glad you asked your Rebbi,
Hopefully you will get clarity.
Hatzlocha

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 1:47 pm
amother Orchid wrote:
She quoting the Satmar ideology. It's worthless to try and argue with that, you're never going to win.
I have loads to say on this topic but it ain't worth it for the above mentioned reason.
Ah, ok. Didnt know that. Thank you. And yeah, im not going to discuss it anymore with her. Not worth anything.

amother
Gardenia

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 2:00 pm
I'm not Israeli but this is an awful question to be asked in a time of literal war. So insensitive and dismissive.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 6:03 pm
BatyaEsther wrote:
I can’t advise you on what to do, I don’t know your needs, or situation. I only want to stress the importance of being yashar b’eyney Hashem. I have such issues with the idea above about play-acting crazy to trick the army. Seek advice, do what you need to do, but remember above all, quite literally, Hashem knows the emet.

So true, I tell my students (college) - Don't say you were sick if you weren't just for attendance - it's an Ayin Hara!! So going crazy "Al achas cama V'cama". Please don't lie. Anyway/ my son and son in law were in the army most of the year. With 3 little kids, Life (and mitzvos) are not always convenient, BTW are u aware serving is a big Mitzva?

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 6:33 pm
amother Peru wrote:
So true, I tell my students (college) - Don't say you were sick if you weren't just for attendance - it's an Ayin Hara!! So going crazy "Al achas cama V'cama". Please don't lie. Anyway/ my son and son in law were in the army most of the year. With 3 little kids, Life (and mitzvos) are not always convenient, BTW are u aware serving is a big Mitzva?

According to some. According to others, it's not recommended for Yiddishkeit reasons. And others believe it's actually an Aveira.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 7:15 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Ah, ok. Didnt know that. Thank you. And yeah, im not going to discuss it anymore with her. Not worth anything.

Not Satmar ideology per se, it's frum Charedi ideology. But I shall say no more.

amother
Daffodil

Post Yesterday at 6:19 am
I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this was said already. If you leave, you will likely not be able to come back to Israel for years, or be sent to jail upon arrival. Actually there is a chance of being arrested in the airport if you are drafted and just don't come. (My son was arrested at the border on his way to vacation in egypt)
also, if you get an exemption for being diagnosed as mentally ill, you will have to deal with the implications later. My son did this (his choice not mine) and now they want to revoke his drivers license.
It would be best for you to do your research before doing anything rash that can mess you up later.
good luck!

amother
Orange

Post Yesterday at 7:43 am
Dear Op,
You need guidance and please do not push this off.
You are not alone or tone deaf or doing anything wrong or need to feel like you are C"V expelled from E"Y. I hope this is resolved quickly for you and you can stay.
Please reach out to Igud hayishivot
https://iggud.org/
admin@Igudys.com
Hatzlacha.

amother
Amber

Post Yesterday at 7:57 am
While we are discussing the army wondering if anyone has experienced or heard of someone changing their status. I mean if a boy was given a diagnosis of asd and has now matured and no longer really fits on the spectrum. Said family received bituach leumi due to the diagnosis. Now the boy wants nothing more than to enlist combat (has evaluation from professional to affirm he is capable) .Has anyone ever heard of someone succeeding?

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 8:06 am
amother Orange wrote:
Dear Op,
You need guidance and please do not push this off.
You are not alone or tone deaf or doing anything wrong or need to feel like you are C"V expelled from E"Y. I hope this is resolved quickly for you and you can stay.
Please reach out to Igud hayishivot
https://iggud.org/
admin@Igudys.com
Hatzlacha.

Thank you I appreciate this. I wasn’t trying to be insensitive or hurt ppl I’m just kind of panicking and I don’t know what to do.

amother
  Chocolate

Post Yesterday at 8:32 am
amother Amber wrote:
While we are discussing the army wondering if anyone has experienced or heard of someone changing their status. I mean if a boy was given a diagnosis of asd and has now matured and no longer really fits on the spectrum. Said family received bituach leumi due to the diagnosis. Now the boy wants nothing more than to enlist combat (has evaluation from professional to affirm he is capable) .Has anyone ever heard of someone succeeding?

He should look into doing pikud oref if he is interested. My relative was given anti depressants when he was on meds for ADHD as a young teen. Because of having the medication on his history list (even without having had depression) he couldn't apply for combat but he has just finished a yr of pikud oref plus sergeant training and started last month to train a new group.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Yesterday at 8:33 am
OP, I don't have any advice but I wanted to reassure you since people seem to be saying that this is an offensive and insensitive question.

I have a son in Gaza and son in law in milluim and I don't think your question is insensitive. We each have our own situations and our own circumstances and you are entitled to explore all of your avenues and options.

(For people that don't understand my stance - all I can say is someone that isn't serving doesn't add to the danger my son is facing. People say it's unfair for my son to put his life on the line while others don't. I don't see it that way. If Hashem decides something will happen to my son, chas v'shalom, it will happen with or without someone else's son serving. I hold absolutely nothing against someone that isn't serving.)

Wishing you hatzlacha in your decision.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Yesterday at 8:57 am
Hugs and hatzlocha op
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions