Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Please help me weigh my options

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:27 pm
After coming to terms with the fact that I’ll probably need to work for most of the rest of my life (being fully supported by dh is every woman’s dream right?) I need to settle on something
We are married bout a year with one kid. We don’t get a penny of support nor do we come from any kind of money. I didn’t grow up with $$ and I want to provide a financially stable home for my kids. It is hard for me to work (think anxiety) and I’m much calmer when I’m home but having money is also important to me
Dh is not a professional so although he will never let us starve he probably will never have a very high earning potential.
I am deciding to either:
1- open a business. I already have an idea of what this would look like but it’s a big investment and will take a few years to see profits
2- go to college and get a degree. Downside of this is student debt and that I’m starting later
If I’d go with this option, which field would you recommend that isn’t crazy saturated and has a good earning potential?
3- get an office job of some sort and be ok with the lower salary and growth potential
TIA!

Itsallfromhim

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:28 pm
I. Did 1. Its hard work but has the most potential for the least investment

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:28 pm
I would open a business and either get a degree or work simultaneously.

Mommysrock

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:46 pm
I’ve faced a similar dilemma myself. Based on my experience, I would personally lean towards taking a job that has good potential and gradually building yourself up within that role. In my experience, this can be the most feasible option for a Yiddishe Mommy.

Once you prove your value to a company, many places become more accommodating in terms of hours, flexibility, and even salary. You can grow in your role, which allows you to balance earning a decent income and still being present for your family.

While a business or a degree is great long-term, they both require a lot of time and investment upfront, which can be challenging with young kids. Starting with a job that provides some stability and room for growth might give you the balance you’re looking for right now.

Hope that helps! Wishing you lots of הצלחה whatever you decide!

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:48 pm
Mommysrock wrote:
I’ve faced a similar dilemma myself. Based on my experience, I would personally lean towards taking a job that has good potential and gradually building yourself up within that role. In my experience, this can be the most feasible option for a Yiddishe Mommy.

Once you prove your value to a company, many places become more accommodating in terms of hours, flexibility, and even salary. You can grow in your role, which allows you to balance earning a decent income and still being present for your family.

While a business or a degree is great long-term, they both require a lot of time and investment upfront, which can be challenging with young kids. Starting with a job that provides some stability and room for growth might give you the balance you’re looking for right now.

Hope that helps! Wishing you lots of הצלחה whatever you decide!

Thank you.
Thing is I don’t have any specific skills that would get me to a high enough salary, or the salary that I want to be making
I dream big, I know haha

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:49 pm
Why do you think it’s every woman’s dream to be fully supported by Their husband?

Definitely not my dream.

I think there’s nothing better than being able to earn one’s own money. There’s nothing more empowering than making your own purchases and having that independence.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 8:56 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
Why do you think it’s every woman’s dream to be fully supported by Their husband?

Definitely not my dream.

I think there’s nothing better than being able to earn one’s own money. There’s nothing more empowering than making your own purchases and having that independence.

Well it’s mine and a lot of people I know
Ofc I want to make my own money. I just don’t want the financial burden
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics