Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Frum couple musical duos
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 12:45 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Interesting. I only saw this video maybe last year so I thought thats when it happened. My bad. Didnt rralize it was 8 years ago.

I've been watching their stuff for years. At least 5 or 6. At the time, they only had one baby.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 1:01 am
I just want to point out one thing that I particularly like about these two couples.

I love the fact that they are so natural. The women don't wear makeup (or if they do, it's very minimal), they are wearing regular clothes. In many of the videos, Shaindee is wearing a snood or her wig in a pony. And Nina wears a simple scarf. It's very unpretentious, and you can just enjoy the music and beautiful voices without getting distracted by the ballroom gowns, glittering jewelry, high heels and heavy make-up that many of the other frum singers wear in their music videos. I love when the babies are in the background just making regular noise.
It's part of the charm.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 6:06 am
I've been a huge Yonina fan from the beginning. They became pretty popular in the DL crowd in Israel about 8 years ago.
A couple of Basches popped up in my Instagram feed and they're incredible.
Will check out the others mentioned!

amother
  Eggshell  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:52 am
Thank you! I am blown away by Yonina. Can you please post more?

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:54 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
I wonder if they’re related to rabbi Slavin from neveh. Either way, this is beautiful.
pretty sure not related. I know Chaya but didn't know she did this. Its stunning!

Ruchel  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 10:03 am
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Why not name the rabbi then. If it's so permissible why does not big rabbi ever come out and say so

He did, that's how I learned.
Why I won't? Because I did so about another rabbi and a poster harassed him

A brivele is one of the saddest songs with Papirosn and poilishn beimelen

amother
Marigold  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 10:42 am
Mr. Basch has a very chassidish yiddish accent. I'd be curious if anyone knew where he's from.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 10:56 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Mr. Basch has a very chassidish yiddish accent. I'd be curious if anyone knew where he's from.

Where do you see that? In the brivele song?
This couple was interviewed recently on the podcast Stories of Hope by tzipora Grodko (part of the Meaningful People group). They have an interesting shidduch story.
In the interview he says he grew up in Borough Park, and yes, he was chassidish as a little kid, but his mother raised him more modern as he grew older.

As an aside, I think I read that she does not speak Yiddish at all. So it's amazing how she sang this song in yiddish.

amother
  Marigold  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:01 am
amother OP wrote:
Where do you see that? In the brivele song?
This couple was interviewed recently on the podcast Stories of Hope by tzipora Grodko (part of the Meaningful People group). They have an interesting shidduch story.
In the interview he says he grew up in Borough Park, and yes, he was chassidish as a little kid, but his mother raised him more modern as he grew older.

As an aside, I think I read that she does not speak Yiddish at all. So it's amazing how she sang this song in yiddish.

Yes, in the brivele song. If you're chassidish, you can tell that the yiddish doesn't come naturally to her, but he seems comfortable with it, and the accent is definitely there. That's why I was curious.

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:03 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Yes, in the brivele song. If you're chassidish, you can tell that the yiddish doesn't come naturally to her, but he seems comfortable with it, and the accent is definitely there. That's why I was curious.

In the podcast she says her grandparents are chassidish so I'm sure she has a familiarity with yiddish even if she doesn't speak it

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:05 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
Thank you! I am blown away by Yonina. Can you please post more?

Here they sing one of my favorite songs, "katonto mikol hachassadim"

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:08 am
amother Marigold wrote:

Hmm. I'm a yiddish speaker but I couldn't tell that she was not natural with it.
In any case, I was listening to other recordings of this song online and they are sung with more of a Polish, or maybe Russian yiddish, whereas the Bashes version is a more familiar sounding Hungarian yiddish.
I like their version best:)

amother
  Marigold

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:14 am
amother OP wrote:
Hmm. I'm a yiddish speaker but I couldn't tell that she was not natural with it.
In any case, I was listening to other recordings of this song online and they are sung with more of a Polish, or maybe Russian yiddish, whereas the Bashes version is a more familiar sounding Hungarian yiddish.
I like their version best:)

Agreed, it's stunning.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 1:59 pm
Can you post one in which her daughter sings?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 2:00 pm
A singer learns to prononce. I've sung in languages I don't speak. Normally they give you the texts meaning for interpretation

English3  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 3:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Can you see from a link?
This is my favorite one from the Basches. Absolutely mesmerizing.
https://youtu.be/0u5inmXpYlo?s.....lqbd-

This is the clip from Yonina that made them famous. (One Day by Mattisyahu).
https://youtu.be/3WpqZgXRxUM?s.....8f3AV

Here they are singing an original (I think) . Gorgeous song and music video.
https://youtu.be/XqDH6RH5jas?s.....TO5nB

Can anyone embed these. Thank you

ittsamother  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 3:15 pm

ittsamother  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 3:15 pm
English3 wrote:
Can anyone embed these. Thank you

Technically you can embed them yourself! Just copy the link and use that to embed it. I did these for you for now.

ittsamother  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 3:16 pm

ittsamother

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 3:16 pm
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts