Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Tell me your Aliyah story

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 9:50 am
It is going from dream to reality it seems and time is just flying. To think we are so close yet still so many months from making the move. I would love to hear your aliyah story. Why? When? How was it? I need the inspiration to keep us going.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:14 am
I always felt a love for Israel, even before I ever visited.

EDIT
I just wrote out my whole story but I realized it's giving away too many personal details.
Happy to share privately.
The TLDR is that I made aliyah when I was single, in my 30s. Met DH here in Israel.
It was the best thing I ever did.

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:21 am
Got the bug on a visit and made it happen a few years later. Hardest thing I've ever done, and likely one of the most important. I feel grateful (and the struggle) every day.

spoons

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 11:34 am
I had been thinking about it non-stop and when my oldest was going to be going into 7th (that's when DL schools start new schools), I thought this is it we've got to go now. She's now several years out of high school and thanks us all the time for taking the plunge

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 12:06 pm
Went to sem. Went back to do uni. Realized I never wanted to raise a family in america. Finished uni. 6 months later made aliyah, before nefedh bnefesh was a thing.
Met my husband 2 years later. Been here almost 22 years.
There was this pull, this feeling that I literally felt was misding when I returned to america. The minute I landed I felt whatever it was that had been missing, for me.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 12:13 pm
IYH you should have a successful and blessed Aliyah!!
I had a very strong urge to come to eretz Yisrael. Before making Aliyah I felt out of place and just in such a cold and lost environment. My opportunities were close to none in my home country, it just wasn’t shayach. Once I came here with dh my paranassa went up, social life was so much better (people are sooo warm, kind and helpful here! I have new friends who I click with much better, etc). The food is incredible and so is the weather. The fact that if we have a day off it’s such a breeze to go to the beach. My connection with ה׳ is so incredible. Prayers are answered much more easily. I love being here and say thank you every day to Hashem for the zechus of being here.

6000miles

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 1:02 pm
Came a month after my wedding. Still here almost a decade later.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Sep 17 2024, 1:12 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
IYH you should have a successful and blessed Aliyah!!
I had a very strong urge to come to eretz Yisrael. Before making Aliyah I felt out of place and just in such a cold and lost environment. My opportunities were close to none in my home country, it just wasn’t shayach. Once I came here with dh my paranassa went up, social life was so much better (people are sooo warm, kind and helpful here! I have new friends who I click with much better, etc). The food is incredible and so is the weather. The fact that if we have a day off it’s such a breeze to go to the beach. My connection with ה׳ is so incredible. Prayers are answered much more easily. I love being here and say thank you every day to Hashem for the zechus of being here.

Wow love this. There is nothing missing in my life physically and don't feel I am running away. My life is good bh, but I feel like there is just this piece of my neshama that is craving something more. I hope I am not being too idealistic.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions