Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Calling baby experts…

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:53 pm
At what age can I start putting my baby to sleep at 7? She is 2 months and goes to bed around 10:30. She is cranky all evening and I can’t wait to have my evenings back…

GLUE

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:55 pm
When they go to Primary and come home with a note that the best bedtime for that age is at 7:00

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:56 pm
Usually around 3/ 4 months is when my babies go to sleep around 7. It is when you start more of a routine.
Eta she also is possibly cranky bec she is overtired. Are you following wake windows?

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:56 pm
My baby is 4.5 months and now going to sleep by 7:30 slowly moving it back

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 9:59 pm
Right now. I always have a 7pm bedtime even from newborn which basically means that when they wake up after 7, I keep it dark and nighttime mode.

amother
Tulip  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:00 pm
I do around 2 months when they start some sort of a routine

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:01 pm
With most babies your best bet is to watch for signs of tiredness throughout the day and put her in as soon as possible before she gets over tired. At this age babies still sleep a lot during the day and not necessarily so much at night. But play time needs to be low key at night with dim lights to encourage the idea that it's night. Most babies don't do long stretches before 3 months. Their tummies are just too small. That's my experience. If she is cranky she might be hungry or not getting enough sleep. Some babies can be trained earlier but the longest stretch is 5 hours.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:01 pm
This question isn’t making sense to me

There’s no rule book about bedtime

Why do you think there’s a certain age they have to be go to go bed a specific time?

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:13 pm
After 12 weeks/3 months
As soon as my babies turned 3 months bedtime goes to 7-8 vs 10-11
Hang in there a few weeks

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:36 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
This question isn’t making sense to me

There’s no rule book about bedtime

Why do you think there’s a certain age they have to be go to go bed a specific time?

It seems like the other posters here think otherwise.
With my first, I started putting him to bed at 7 at 3 months and it went beautifully. With this baby, she is so cranky in the evening that I was thinking maybe it’s time to move her bedtime earlier as well but wanted to hear from others if it is doable at this age.

amother
  Tulip

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
It seems like the other posters here think otherwise.
With my first, I started putting him to bed at 7 at 3 months and it went beautifully. With this baby, she is so cranky in the evening that I was thinking maybe it’s time to move her bedtime earlier as well but wanted to hear from others if it is doable at this age.

definitely yes
I had one that went in at 7 from day one she just seemed tired and ready

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 10:37 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
With most babies your best bet is to watch for signs of tiredness throughout the day and put her in as soon as possible before she gets over tired. At this age babies still sleep a lot during the day and not necessarily so much at night. But play time needs to be low key at night with dim lights to encourage the idea that it's night. Most babies don't do long stretches before 3 months. Their tummies are just too small. That's my experience. If she is cranky she might be hungry or not getting enough sleep. Some babies can be trained earlier but the longest stretch is 5 hours.

She’s mostly cranky from gas. Since she was born I’ve been dimming the lights etc in the evenings. She also has gone very long stretches without eating at night (one night was 8 hours and doctor was totally fine with it).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics