Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pajamas that are NOT "snug fit"
Previous  1  2

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 10:18 pm
Really even the carters toddler ones are too tight? My kids are chunky when they are toddlers and carters has always been stretchy enough to fit them. I always go up one size than their regular clothing.

https://www.carters.com/carter.....otton

wifeandmore

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:41 pm
Excuse my ignorant
Can you explain the fire safety?
I'm not getting it

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 12:08 am
If you’re near a Bingo, my kids love their non snug fit pajamas. And they wash really well.

amother
  Vanilla

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 1:54 am
simcha2 wrote:
It's a law for children's pajamas. They either have to be fire retardant or snug fit. If there is a fire, it is much safer.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Business-.....tions

Wow! Learn something new every day! Never heard of this

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 3:59 am
My son wears 2-3 and I got him size 5 pajamas
My daughter 6 I got her size 10

michimochi  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:10 am
wifeandmore wrote:
Excuse my ignorant
Can you explain the fire safety?
I'm not getting it

I'm guessing the close fit allows less air between the fabric and skin, so less oxygen to fuel the fire?

michimochi  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:10 am
doodlesmom wrote:
If you’re near a Bingo, my kids love their non snug fit pajamas. And they wash really well.

Never heard of this store. Are they online too?

michimochi  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:16 am
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! I'm looking for size 18mo, so some of the suggestions I had to skip, but I appreciate it anyway. I have her in Carter's, Gerber, Little BumBums and Burt's Bees one-piece pajamas, but on all brands the zipper barely zips over her thighs, even sized up. Maybe I will have better luck with the two-pieces. Some of your links look promising.

newinbp

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 12:28 am
michimochi wrote:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! I'm looking for size 18mo, so some of the suggestions I had to skip, but I appreciate it anyway. I have her in Carter's, Gerber, Little BumBums and Burt's Bees one-piece pajamas, but on all brands the zipper barely zips over her thighs, even sized up. Maybe I will have better luck with the two-pieces. Some of your links look promising.

I know what you mean. The cotton1 piece zip ups for that age from carters are super tight.
The fleece 1 piece zip ups are not as snug fit. The cotton r hard to zip up with chunky thighs,yes.
Better to do 2 piece cotton or the 1 piece zip up fleece ones. Hatzlacha!

simcha2

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 1:38 am
michimochi wrote:
I'm guessing the close fit allows less air between the fabric and skin, so less oxygen to fuel the fire?

I think it's also if there is a fire and wearing loose fit, it is more likely to catch fire to start with. Think about a curtain going into a flame, versus something fixed. More chance to go into a fire.

blueberry32

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 2:47 am
I have also a really big baby and I stopped putting her in the zip up pajamase because the zippers wouldnt go up and I would buy a few sizes bigger and it would be perfcet on top and by the thighs but they would be wayy too long. Now I only buy pants and shirts pajamas even from carters but size 2t even though she is 9 months and they fit great. if you want their feet to be warm then put socks on.

michimochi  

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 8:16 pm
newinbp wrote:
I know what you mean. The cotton1 piece zip ups for that age from carters are super tight.
The fleece 1 piece zip ups are not as snug fit. The cotton r hard to zip up with chunky thighs,yes.
Better to do 2 piece cotton or the 1 piece zip up fleece ones. Hatzlacha!

I live in a very hot climate, so fleece is out. I did buy a 2 piece Carter's pajama from Walmart and it is definitely more generous with the leg room!!

michimochi

Post Mon, Sep 16 2024, 8:19 pm
blueberry32 wrote:
I have also a really big baby and I stopped putting her in the zip up pajamase because the zippers wouldnt go up and I would buy a few sizes bigger and it would be perfcet on top and by the thighs but they would be wayy too long. Now I only buy pants and shirts pajamas even from carters but size 2t even though she is 9 months and they fit great. if you want their feet to be warm then put socks on.

Mine was also in 2T bottoms at that age! And I know what you mean - my last try was a Gerber pajama sized up - the zipper fit but the pajama feet were just hanging and tangling up Laugh I'm going with the 2 pieces. I did actually find one more solution: Walmart had 1-piece footless pajamas, I sized up and don't have to worry about the length. They were also much much stretchier for some reason. Only downside is they are very thin, which works great where I live but not for any climates cooler than "hot."
ETA it was "Modern Moments" ribbed pajama, if anyone is interested
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics