10 KG in 10 DAYS?!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 2:10 pm
Hi. anyone's done this and was successful? please share

ddmom  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 2:18 pm
What happens after 10 days? You can't eat 6 eggs per day long term. If you have a simcha and want to look good, you can try it but it doesn't sound like a long term substenable diet.
I would be hungry with this diet. (And I don't like apples!!)

ddmom

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 2:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi. anyone's done this and was successful? please share

If you follow the rules, I don't see how it's possible not to to lose weight!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 3:20 pm
What happens when the 10 days are up? This way of eating these same foods day in and day out is not sustainable at all.

rose613

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 4:19 pm
Crash diets l like these aren’t any different from optavia - super low calorie and not sustainable for the long term.

Most people I know who did optavia rather gained it all and more back or developed disordered eating. No quick fixes for sustainable weigh loss.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 5:36 pm
rose613 wrote:
Crash diets l like these aren’t any different from optavia - super low calorie and not sustainable for the long term.

Most people I know who did optavia rather gained it all and more back or developed disordered eating. No quick fixes for sustainable weigh loss.

I know many people who did detox diets and lost a large amount of weight in a short period of time, but kept it off permanently by transitioning to a healthy diet afterwards. Losing the weight and keeping the weight off are two different categories sometimes and that’s okay

If someone loses but after goes back to eating the same they did before, of course they’ll gain it back

You can do this and go on weight watchers afterwards, you won’t have to worry about yo-yoing

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:05 pm
10 kg is a lot of weight to lose in 10 days.

Sounds crazy, if it even works.

hodeez

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:12 pm
My filter blocks the video, but my question is what if you start off with these 10 days to lose weight and then start a normal diet? Seems like not the worst idea to me

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:19 pm
You're basically severely starving yourself for 10 days. That's not healthy, by any way shape or form.

If you eat less than 500 calories a day, you will lose weight rapidly. But that's not healthy. Besides that it'll all come back if you go back eating regular. Because you just taught your body that you might be starving any day and it's got to save a fat in case famine hits.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 6:32 pm
amother Fern wrote:
You're basically severely starving yourself for 10 days. That's not healthy, by any way shape or form.

If you eat less than 500 calories a day, you will lose weight rapidly. But that's not healthy. Besides that it'll all come back if you go back eating regular. Because you just taught your body that you might be starving any day and it's got to save a fat in case famine hits.

I agree
When I was a teen I had a massive anxiety attack and starved myself for 2 weeks, I ate only water and bread. I lost 20 lbs but I killed my digestive system. I still suffer till today. I need daily laxatives and have severe IBS.

Eastcoastmom  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:53 am
I saw this thread the day OP posted and was intrigued. It sounds so tempting. I knew I was seeing my PCP for a different matter so figured I'll ask her and I did yesterday. She says that most people's reason for failure with dieting and following healthy plans is that they lose motivation because it takes a long time to see results. She highly recommends I start this (my BMI is 30) to kickstart my weightloss, but insists I go straight on to a healthy eating plan from there. She says there's no harm in starving yourself short term with the correct long term plan. (She also liked that this has carbs in it, the oats and fruit) I'm so tempted to do this now. The alternative for me is Ozempic.

Eastcoastmom  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 8:11 am
hodeez wrote:
My filter blocks the video, but my question is what if you start off with these 10 days to lose weight and then start a normal diet? Seems like not the worst idea to me

yeah basically this. That's what my doctor said

Bsimcha7

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 11:17 am
Consider we have Shabas to take into account,

ora_43  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 11:49 am
There is no way to lose 10 kilo in 10 days without cutting off a limb. Unless maybe you're carrying a lot of water weight.

1 kilo = roughly 7,700 calories.

Let's say you normally eat 2,000 calories a day, and cut back to something extremely low like 400/day. After 10 days, you've eaten 16,000 calories fewer than in a normal 10-day period. Which is enough to reduce your weight by 2 kilos. Not 10.

Maybe you can take off another 3 kilos or so of water weight, but still. Not 10.

Also, keep in mind that not every body is going to respond to starvation rations by losing weight. I once had to cut calories dramatically for just over a week (not for weight loss). First, it is a very unpleasant experience. Second, I didn't lose a single gram of weight. Your body can also respond by going into starvation mode and basically refusing to burn calories.

ora_43  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 11:51 am
In general I do not understand how people who aren't pro athletes can have a sudden, urgent need to lose a lot of weight in less than two weeks.

If you want to lose weight develop the habits of eating less, eating healthier, and exercising more. Risky shortcuts are only for the desperate and there's no reason for 99.99% of us to ever be that desperate.

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 4:17 pm

Eastcoastmom  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 4:26 pm
ora_43 wrote:
In general I do not understand how people who aren't pro athletes can have a sudden, urgent need to lose a lot of weight in less than two weeks.

If you want to lose weight develop the habits of eating less, eating healthier, and exercising more. Risky shortcuts are only for the desperate and there's no reason for 99.99% of us to ever be that desperate.

I'm from that 0.01% who is that level of desperate Very Happy
And I'm not a pro athlete or anything and don't have any events coming up.

I've started this morning. Just to test if this even works!
And if I lose even 7 or 8 I will be so thrilled and if not I'll come tell everyone on here that it didn't work.
I'm feeling a little hungry but no cravings yet. It's day one! (For shabbos I'll follow it plus add a kezayis matzah for each seudah)

183.5 pounds this morning
(Posting for accountability)

amother
Emerald  

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 4:34 pm
Eastcoastmom wrote:
I'm from that 0.01% who is that level of desperate Very Happy
And I'm not a pro athlete or anything and don't have any events coming up.

I've started this morning. Just to test if this even works!
And if I lose even 7 or 8 I will be so thrilled and if not I'll come tell everyone on here that it didn't work.
I'm feeling a little hungry but no cravings yet. It's day one! (For shabbos I'll follow it plus add a kezayis matzah for each seudah)

183.5 pounds this morning
(Posting for accountability)

Good for you!!! I would not try it but happy you are, please keep us updated!!
And in a few weeks too, to tell us if you to were able to keep it off!

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Sep 18 2024, 7:55 pm
Eastcoastmom wrote:
yeah basically this. That's what my doctor said

Your doctor knows nothing about nutrition or weight loss!

I think the sardine diet is better! And I thought that one was a bit crazy too!

Eastcoastmom  

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 6:33 am
amother Smokey wrote:
Your doctor knows nothing about nutrition or weight loss!

I think the sardine diet is better! And I thought that one was a bit crazy too!

I trust my doc more than an anonymous amother Smile - she doesnt claim to be a nutritionist, in fact she said these words 'I'm not a nutritionist' - but from a health perspective she explained why it's a great option for me. I'm skeptical about the 10KG thing - I dont think I'll actually lose this much especially since I'm not terribly obese, but at least I feel safe to try it.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise