Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Psych meds and weight

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:24 am
I am on Seroquel for bipolar disorder and it makes me gain a ton of weight in a short time even with watching myself and the feeling is so awful. My doctor is switching me to another medication but the feeling is horrible, it affects not just your appetite but your actual blood sugar and metabolism so I am also on diabetic medication. In less than 6 months I am up about 3 dress sizes, a few bra sizes, and my body looks like it never did before. I now have orthopedic problems. I feel so upset and just kind of hopeless.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:27 am
Go off it. These new problems only exacerbate your condition and you’re going down a rabbit hole and will end up with a cocktail of pills for all the new problems. BTDT unfortunately.

Have you tried Lamictal for bipolar? That works for me with B”H no side effects.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:52 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
Go off it. These new problems only exacerbate your condition and you’re going down a rabbit hole and will end up with a cocktail of pills for all the new problems. BTDT unfortunately.

Have you tried Lamictal for bipolar? That works for me with B”H no side effects.

I am on Lamictal too, it does not control all my symptoms unfortunately for the mania. The doctor added Latuda and is weaning me off the Seroquel. Seroquel is horrible now I have foot problems
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise