Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Newborns pupils are two different sizes???

amother
OP  

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 9:13 pm
My baby is 7 weeks old. BH developing normally. Today I was talking to him and he was smiling back. We had great eye contact and he was smiling and cooing away. I noticed that one pupil is slightly larger than the other. I chalked it up to the angle or lighting or whatever. But after shabbos I went back to look through my pictures and I see that it’s pretty much always been this way! He’s going to the pediatrician this week anyways for a routine visit and I will bring it up, but has anyone heard of such a thing that was totally a non issue?

I am worried for brain development and eye/vision integrity, bH as I said so far there is good eye contact and socialization and general development.

amother
Tuberose

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 9:19 pm
Does your baby have really light eyes? I had this with one of my kids. This child is six now and will definitely need glasses down the road. But so far this kid is doing great in school, no development issues. I did see a pediatric opthalmologist for this and keep tabs on it .

amother
  OP

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 9:25 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
Does your baby have really light eyes? I had this with one of my kids. This child is six now and will definitely need glasses down the road. But so far this kid is doing great in school, no development issues. I did see a pediatric opthalmologist for this and keep tabs on it .

Yes light eyes (so far), is that a thing?
How do they know the child will need glasses down the road, but not yet?

amother
Thistle

Post Sat, Sep 14 2024, 11:34 pm
sounds normal. I was told that it's fine for babies' eyes to not be in sync, forgot until what age, but certainly a newborn
not saying don't ask a dr tho!

bookstore15

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:00 am
My baby was a little cross eyed, Dr told me that babies eyes don't really work together until about 4 months generally. This might not be the same, but I just want you to not worry too much. I'd say make sure to ask the doctor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics