Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Tomer devorah seminary

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:41 pm
Can anyone tell me what type of girls are going there this year? How academic is the school? Are there a lot of tests or is it more hashkafa learning? Do they have a lot of trips?
Thank you

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 12:01 am
I went there around 10 years ago And loved my experience there! All kinds of girls go there although they do attract a good amount of sefardi girls since they have a sefardi track. They are academic in the sense girls can receive credit for the courses they take if they go through Touro stern etc. Chumash and Halacha are tracked I believe, but not sure how current this still is. I went and felt there are wideee range of girls who go. And yet I feel so connected to each one I went with. Some range from to the right yeshivish to modern orthodox. The mehalech of the school and the derech halimmue is to present all the sources and let the girls decided with the tools that they provide you with in regards to which hashkafa you align with and take home with you. I really felt I made a kesher with some of my teachers and rebbeim and keep up even today.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Sep 13 2024, 1:21 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
I went there around 10 years ago And loved my experience there! All kinds of girls go there although they do attract a good amount of sefardi girls since they have a sefardi track. They are academic in the sense girls can receive credit for the courses they take if they go through Touro stern etc. Chumash and Halacha are tracked I believe, but not sure how current this still is. I went and felt there are wideee range of girls who go. And yet I feel so connected to each one I went with. Some range from to the right yeshivish to modern orthodox. The mehalech of the school and the derech halimmue is to present all the sources and let the girls decided with the tools that they provide you with in regards to which hashkafa you align with and take home with you. I really felt I made a kesher with some of my teachers and rebbeim and keep up even today.

I don't think there are yeshivishe girls there these days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info