Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Suing the Dept of Education for Discrimination

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 4:59 pm
Hi,

I work in the Dept of Education, at a public school. I'm the only Jewish person working at this school. I am the victim of relentless discrimination including verbal harassment and being forced to work in unsafe conditions that no one else at the school is required to work in.

Has anyone had success with a lawyer who has addressed or can address these issues?

Thank you in advance.

amother
Cappuccino  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:10 pm
Reach out to the aojt. Are you on the frum at the doe Facebook page? Or watsapp chat?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:23 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Reach out to the aojt. Are you on the frum at the doe Facebook page? Or watsapp chat?

Thank you. I spoke to someone at AOJT. They advised me to speak to my direct supervisor about the issues, which I'll be doing tomorrow.

Yes, I'm on the chats but don't follow them. How can I get support from this on the chats?

amother
  Cappuccino  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. I spoke to someone at AOJT. They advised me to speak to my direct supervisor about the issues, which I'll be doing tomorrow.

Yes, I'm on the chats but don't follow them. How can I get support from this on the chats?

I would ask if anyone sued or had experience with this...you have way more frum public school workers on the doe chats and facebook page than on this website

otstud

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:39 pm
I’m so sorry you’re going through this. Maybe the Agudah has some good ideas?

amother
Wisteria

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 5:40 pm
Lizzy savetsky is very involved in this

https://lizzysavetsky.com/contact

https://www.instagram.com/lizz.....uYg==

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:34 pm
Have you spoken to your union rep or uft district leader? Document everything.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:42 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
I would ask if anyone sued or had experience with this...you have way more frum public school workers on the doe chats and facebook page than on this website

Thank you for the wise idea to post and seek support there. Only thing is, it would be hard to be anonymous there. And it doesn't seem like a good idea for word to get out that I'm thinking of suing.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:45 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
Have you spoken to your union rep or uft district leader? Document everything.

I have spoken to them about things that the school did in the past. There is constant discrimination, so I feel like they'll say "Oh her again?", even though I'm the one being targeted. Racially and religiously, I'm the only one like me in the school. This means I'm always "wrong" even when I'm the one being treated unfairly.

amother
  Cappuccino

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you for the wise idea to post and seek support there. Only thing is, it would be hard to be anonymous there. And it doesn't seem like a good idea for word to get out that I'm thinking of suing.

Ask more vaguely...like does anyone have experience with discrimination for being religious etc.... don't say straight up I want to sue my principal. There are a lot of people on those chats and someone may have advice for you. You might also want to reach out to Inna vernikov she has been helpful to people in the past.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics