Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Indented scar on forehead

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 5:56 am
My daughter fell and cut her forehead. She should have gotten stitches but they glued it instead and the cut opened and didn't heal properly. She now has a skin colored indentation on her forehead. We've tried different creams and while they took away the color, the indentation is still there.
Has anyone been successful using silicone scar sheets to treat an indented scar?

Elfrida  

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 7:03 am
The indentation might be caused by a change in the shape of the bone under the skin. From what you say, the actual wound has healed. If she got a heavy blow on the head when she fell, that might be enough to have altered the shape of the bone slightly.

If that's the case, it's probably permanent, though it will become less obvious as she gets older. For what its worth, my father got hit by a cricket ball right in the middle of his forehead when he was young. For years it was unnoticeable, but the past four or five years, say from around when he was seventy, it has been easy to see a circular indentation from the blow. When he was younger, the skin was full enough that it wasn't obvious.

You can try arranging her hair to cover it, and it will be less obvious as she grows up and the shape of her face changes.

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 7:33 am
I have a dent like Elfrida describes on my forehead. No one can tell, except when I'm really tired

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 12:07 pm
It's right in the middle of her forehead but lower down - closer to her eyebrows than her hairline, so it can't be covered by hair.
The dermatologist said that if it bothers her when she is older, she can get a filler like Botox or even have a plastic surgeon cut it and resew it.
I recently saw saw silicone scar sheets for sale so I was wondering if it would help.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 12:12 pm
I doubt it. They're meant to help smooth out caused scars.

balance

Post Thu, Jun 13 2024, 1:24 pm
Silicon will smooth down a raised scar. I can't see how it could fill in an indented scar?

light2

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:12 am
amother OP wrote:
My daughter fell and cut her forehead. She should have gotten stitches but they glued it instead and the cut opened and didn't heal properly. She now has a skin colored indentation on her forehead. We've tried different creams and while they took away the color, the indentation is still there.
Has anyone been successful using silicone scar sheets to treat an indented scar?

I know of someone who had an indented scar treated successfully with laser by Dr. Roy Geronemus (Manhattan). Costly and not covered by insurance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics