Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Religious exemption at religious school?
Previous  1  2

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 8:44 am
Can you try calling your previous doctor and telling the situation and asking him to write a note? Then you can show your current doctor and ask him to add it to dc's record.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 8:51 am
amother Dill wrote:
I'm in Florida, and I know my child's school doesn't accept religious exemptions. It says so straight out in the parent portal, I believe. Of course, there's more than one school, and I can't speak for all. It's worth discussing with your doctor first.

The two bigger, mainstream yeshiva type elementary schools in the Miami area don't accept religious exemptions. It's possible that some of the very small schools do, though.

amother
  Midnight  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 9:40 am
Why would a religious institution that is not anti-vax accept religious exemption. Medical exemption yes not religious.

amother
Caramel  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 9:48 am
amother Blueberry wrote:
It's very common for people to react when getting more than 1 or 2 at a go. Most likely if you do them all separately they won't react...
Of course if you are anti-vac it's a different situation.
Giving alot of vaccines at a go is just wrong coming from a pro-vac.
Make a few short appointments and so them each a week apart.

It's her doctor who gave them all together, so I don't know how you can be pro-vac and not trust your doctor....

amother
  Caramel

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 9:49 am
amother Midnight wrote:
Why would a religious institution that is not anti-vax accept religious exemption. Medical exemption yes not religious.

They might accept it if the state makes it impossible to get a medical exemption. They can understand that if a mother went through a harrowing situation with a child, even if medical protocol requires her to try again, she might not want to, and thus needs to resort to a religious exemption.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:09 am
amother OP wrote:
It's not directly, but since it is our Torah duty to care for our health, it could be considered a religious imperative to not give your child something that harms them. In general I wouldn't use Judaism as an "excuse," but like I said, I don't know if I will be able to get a medical exemption, and I don't want my LO suffering again.

You should have gotten the medical exemption. Try it.

amother
  Peach  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:17 am
amother Midnight wrote:

Even though we’d like to think that anyone who had a serious bad reaction to a vaccine would be granted a medical exemption, that is not the case. Medical exemptions are extremely hard to get. Most doctors will not give them at all. The doctors who do grant them are very very hard to find. You would have to prove that your child is at risk of dying from having the vaccine and it’s almost impossible to prove that a reaction was caused by a vaccine. Even when it’s clear, how do you prove it wasn’t a coincidence?
The religious exemption is much easier to obtain in states that allow for it. The challenge is to find a private school that accepts it . Public schools have to accept it by law. I think there are a few smaller schools in Florida that would take it. You can also try to convince a school that officially doesn’t accept it to make an exception for your specific case. They might be more willing since it sounds like your child is mostly vaccinated and you’re only concerned about a specific vaccine.
Good Luck. It’s not going to be easy , but it might be worth it to try. Ask around in Florida for open minded schools and pediatricians.

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:18 am
amother Amber wrote:
You should have gotten the medical exemption. Try it.

Sure. As if the establishment that makes billions off vaccines will be quick to exempt people from taking them.

miami85  

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:28 am
I dont' really undertand how the "religious exemption" would apply to us. Catholics do not use any kind of (aborted) fetal or stem cells often used in the production of vaccines or within the R&D of the vaccine, but in my research Judaism doesn't really object to that and we have the obligation of "v'nishmartem me'od l'nafshoseichem", I am not talking about the covid-vaccine, but many of the other ones. I get that there can be personal reasons--usually based on individual medical circumstances, but it wouldn't be "religious".

amother
  Peach

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:36 am
miami85 wrote:
I dont' really undertand how the "religious exemption" would apply to us. Catholics do not use any kind of (aborted) fetal or stem cells often used in the production of vaccines or within the R&D of the vaccine, but in my research Judaism doesn't really object to that and we have the obligation of "v'nishmartem me'od l'nafshoseichem", I am not talking about the covid-vaccine, but many of the other ones. I get that there can be personal reasons--usually based on individual medical circumstances, but it wouldn't be "religious".

When you’re in the position of saving your child from a serious reaction, I don’t think the details are that important. No one wants to write a religious exemption, but they are put in an impossible situation.

For people that defend it, you’re defending a corrupt industry.

amother
  Blueberry

Post Wed, Aug 14 2024, 10:38 am
amother Caramel wrote:
It's her doctor who gave them all together, so I don't know how you can be pro-vac and not trust your doctor....

Since most people don't react and it's easier for them to give it all at once they do it, it doesn't mean it's the best for our body.
I don't think every single Dr in the world does everything 100% ideal but I still 100% believe to give vaccinations. I'm not sure why you put the 2 as a contradiction?
I personally care about my kids body taking it in well and space out the vaccines...

miami85

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 10:33 pm
amother Peach wrote:
When you’re in the position of saving your child from a serious reaction, I don’t think the details are that important. No one wants to write a religious exemption, but they are put in an impossible situation.

For people that defend it, you’re defending a corrupt industry.

But that would still be "medical" reason not "religious". Do you KNOW the child will have the reaction--meaning based on prior history or family history? Or just fear that a child will "Develop autism from the vaccine"--which isn't proven?

Magnolia72

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 4:52 pm
depends on the school and if the school allows it they will give you a script

amother
  Midnight

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:17 am
Magnolia72 wrote:
depends on the school and if the school allows it they will give you a script

Why are you Bumping up a hundred old threads?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics