Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Apartment buildings

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 6:07 pm
If you live in an apartment building, do you have place for storage? What about a stroller/double carriage/bikes? Where do you keep that? What about sukkah boards etc?

artist770

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 6:10 pm
Strollers depend on the super. Some let you keep in the lobby and some are very strict with nothing allowed. I didn't have a storage option when I had an apartment.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 6:11 pm
artist770 wrote:
Strollers depend on the super. Some let you keep in the lobby and some are very strict with nothing allowed. I didn't have a storage option when I had an apartment.

So then where did you keep your stroller?

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 6:12 pm
If by NY you mean Manhattan, some do have storage but it's not typical. When I had a stroller it stayed in front hall. Bikes too. Most manhattanites don't have a space for a sukkah so no need to store sukkah boards.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:08 pm
Stroller in the house.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:10 pm
We needed to keep strollers in our apartment. (We lived with non jews in the building, they'd pee all over the building. It was disgusting. If someone by mistake left their stroller in the hallway, it was peed in.)
We did not have storage, we kept our storage in my parents basement.
I think that in NYC, legally the hallways & lobby must be clear.

calvinhobbs

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:31 pm
Live in an apartment building and keep my stroller, double and single in the apartment. I don’t even leave it outside to dry when wet from rain. Not worth it to have it stolen or the next door neighbor to claim that it’s a fire hazard.
Yes it’s bothersome. Yes in the next house we won’t. And yes when I dream of a house I dream of a carriage room beside the mud room. A girl can dream

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 7:44 pm
Strollers in the house. Double stays open in the hallway, single and car seats in the closet.

We don't have bikes.

In my parents' building or where I lived whe we 1st got married, no one cared if you let your things in the hall. In fact, we had to walk around a good amount of household items to get to the front door of our apartment. People's apartments extended we'll into the hallways Wink

amother
Lily

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:34 pm
Our building has a storage room to rent but we don’t use it. We don’t have bikes (there’s a bike room but no space) Stroller is in the apartment. There’s communal sukkah

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:00 pm
Everything stored in our apt. Closets go up to the ceiling and we added shelves to be able to use the headspace. Where possible, more shelves in odd corners about a foot below the ceiling. Stroller in our apt. of course. In the kids' room. You learn to have fewer possessions, fewer multiples, more frequent washing, more frequent shopping. For example, I have 6 pairs of shoes (including Crocs that serve as slippers), not 20. My kids had maybe 6 board games, not dozens. I have one set of fleishik dishes for year-round, not two. You get the picture.

No bikes, no scooters, no Little Tikes play kitchen setups. No sukkah. We use the shul's sukkah.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:47 pm
in brooklyn

No storage. limited closet space in the apt.

Strollers in our apt. Some buildings in the neighborhood allow strollers in the hallway. Mine doesn't.

No bikes. We don't have room in the apt and they would get stolen in 10 seconds flat locked up outside.

They allow sukkas to be stored in the basement. That's new.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 9:06 am
We lived in Queens for 12.5 years with no storage. Our stroller was in our apartment (right inside the door). Our bikes were either stacked (literally) in the corner of my kids tiny bedroom or kept in the trunk of our minivan.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 8:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
So then where did you keep your stroller?

I kept it in my apartment

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Oct 15 2024, 8:48 pm
Strollers and bikes, yes in our already tiny apartment. No space for a sukkah so no need to storage one.
We hardly storage any clothes as we got lots of hand me downs anyway. Our pesach stuff is stored in the top shelf of the master bedroom closet. Luckily we have high ceilings. We have minimal toys and minimal clothes and minimal furniture. You get the picture.

It’s pathetic and I hate it.
My parents live in a condo and they do have a storage room and stroller/bike room in the basement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries