Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Instagram and tiktok rant

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:28 pm
I simply can't handle the sheep mentality all over instagram and tiktok!!! I will scream if I hear the word demure one more time and what's with butchering a healthy food like cucumbers to make a "viral" cucumber salad loaded with msg and other garbage? Don't ppl have minds of thier own?

smss

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:31 pm
Sounds like you'd be happier if you got off Instagram and tiktok 🤷‍♀️

bgr8ful  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:38 pm
so get off it.
social media isnt meant to be taken that seriously.

but also, ive been looking into the whole msg thing and it does seem like the whole idea that its unhealthy wasnt based off actual, scientific research. lots of highly processed foods often contain msg so I think it became bad by association, but the actual msg is perfectly healthy in small amounts. in fact, msg is found naturally in many fruits and veggies.

but anyhoo, not the point.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:47 pm
The trends don’t bother me, they’re meant to be fun, and they are.
But I do miss the days before social media existed and people actually spoke to each other. The state of the world is so sad ever since they appeared. Sometimes I wonder how the creators of social media will go down in history.

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 4:56 pm
I thought it was gonna be a rant about the anti semitism going on on ticktock.
Anyone follow Dani and Reizel Namdar of thatjewishfamily? Their account was suspended because of their pro Israel posts.

amother
Hydrangea  

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:06 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
I thought it was gonna be a rant about the anti semitism going on on ticktock.
Anyone follow Dani and Reizel Namdar of thatjewishfamily? Their account was suspended because of their pro Israel posts.

Most accounts that were pro Israel were suspended or are barely functioning / on and off. It’s insane. Time to boycott Meta, and the best way is to get off it!

tigerwife

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:08 pm
So curious how the word “demure” is virally used! Is it in a positive or negative way?

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:09 pm
tigerwife wrote:
So curious how the word “demure” is virally used! Is it in a positive or negative way?

it originates from a trans person saying how he acts "demure" as a woman

amother
  Hydrangea

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:11 pm
amother Oak wrote:

Amazing. And this has gotten in to the frum vocabulary how?

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:12 pm
Oh-for-gds-sake

Get off social media

Who cares? Is everything going to fall down around you if u don’t use instagram and TikTok? No.

It’s like a mental disorder getting this upset over the word demure or cucumber salad with msg. May this be your biggest problem.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:29 pm
Is anyone forcing msg cucumber salad down your throat?

bgr8ful

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:30 pm
amother Oak wrote:

almost. it was a trans person, but the video had nothing to do with him being trans.
it was abt dressing appropriately in the workplace, cuz there was a different girl who went viral for an inappropriate outfit she wore to work. so he was showing how when u go to work you should dress "demure" and mindful and whatever.
its nuts how it got into everyones vocabulary in literally 24 hours.

someone on twitter said we should have a vocabulary word of the week so people should start learning how to speak again lol.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 5:35 pm
Social media is the opposite of having minds of your own. They practically invented the word viral in its new meaning.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
I simply can't handle the sheep mentality all over instagram and tiktok!!! I will scream if I hear the word demure one more time and what's with butchering a healthy food like cucumbers to make a "viral" cucumber salad loaded with msg and other garbage? Don't ppl have minds of thier own?
Yes, they do. So you should use your mind for better things and get off those silly social media sites.

tweety1

Post Thu, Aug 22 2024, 6:44 pm
Op, I can't control myself. So I'm apologizing in advance. You asked if people don't have a mind of their own? Doesn't seem like you do at all because if you would, you wouldn't be on social media and have all these דעגות.

Magnolia72

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 4:37 pm
welcome to the world of influencers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media