Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is it standard for real estate agent to ask my income?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:37 am
for rental (I'm in Israel)

amother
Wisteria

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:40 am
Yes in America. The landlord wants to know you can afford the place. They also ask for 3 recent paystubs to be sure

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:41 am
I'm divorced so do I also mention child support?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:53 am
Ive never experienced that, im in israel, but it makes sense they ask, to be sure you can pay the rent.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 9:04 am
amother OP wrote:

Unfortunately, landlords are more wary of renting to divorcees & want proof that they have how to pay rent.

Amarante

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:00 am
amother OP wrote:

It would depend on whether your income without child support is adequate to rent the apartment as most landlords require a minimum income so that it appears you can afford the rent.

This is in the US but I can't imagine that most landlords in Israel don't also factor income as relevant to whether someone will be a good tenant and pay rent on time every month.

Elfrida  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:03 am
You can do, but they would normally ask to see your tlush for the past three months. There are too many stories of child support not being paid for them to count on it in terms of income.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 10:10 am
Most "official" financial forms Don't require you to include child support/alimony if it's not something you rely on. ( or even if it is, as it can change in a second)

amother
Papayawhip

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 11:12 am
In Israel it’s normal. You get a mortgage based on income here not credit score and even rentals the baal dira may ask.

When we were looking to move the owners had a whole intense interview with us asking a million questions they proceeded to rent the house to someone with no kids because they didn’t like it that we had a kids. Meanwhile this couple went on to have two babies in a very short span of time from when they moved in.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:30 am
if I need to send telushim, is there sensitive info on there that I should block out?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 9:34 am
amother OP wrote:
if I need to send telushim, is there sensitive info on there that I should block out?

Not that I can think of.

I don't know how much is a standard format, but mine includes my salary, how many hours I worked, any time off that I took, what they took off my salary for tax and bituach leumi and pensions, and any bonuses I got.

Check your tlush, because it could be different, but I don't think there's much in there that you would want to hide in this context.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating