Light+Nine  
 6%  [ 2 ]
State  
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 4:16 pm
DD really wants a brand-name knapsack. I came to the decision that its important enough to her, so I want to buy it. Which is the best one from these brands? I want it to last, and not just be a fad item....

Herschel
Kipling
Lululemon
Light+Nine
State

Please post your thoughts on each....no bashing please.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 4:46 pm
My daughter in 7th just got herschel
I'm loving it and the price was decent
I don't know how it will last though since we just got it but it seems very good
Better then lululemon one my other daughter bought

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:07 pm
Kipling last for years I find

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:09 pm
My high school daughter just came home from orientation and told me lots of girls have sprayground backpacks this year. If you want to add to your list 😁

amother
Camellia  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:27 pm
Herschel and lululemon are more mature and will likely be used for more years than the other ones.

amother
Seagreen  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:39 pm
My daughter had a Herschel last year for 7th grade and is using it again this year

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:51 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
Herschel and lululemon are more mature and will likely be used for more years than the other ones.

Eh that's only true until there's a new fashionable backpack brand.

amother
  Camellia  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 5:52 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Eh that's only true until there's a new fashionable backpack brand.

The other ones are more childish most teens don’t want them. Nothing to do with fashion. They are more popular through 6th grade. Doubtful she’ll still use those in 8th and 9th. Girls do use Herschel and lululemon in older grades.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 7:16 pm
Herschel and Kipling are the most timeless IMO

amother
  Seagreen  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 7:19 pm
amother Calendula wrote:
Herschel and Kipling are the most timeless IMO

My daughter had a Kipling for the younger grades. By 7th grade she didn’t want Kipling anymore

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 7:20 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
My high school daughter just came home from orientation and told me lots of girls have sprayground backpacks this year. If you want to add to your list 😁
Which sprayground designs do they have? I’m so curious about them. I usually buy the knockoffs though and haven’t seen knockoffs for those.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 10:39 pm
I know zero about what's in style TBH. Just chiming in here because just today I was at the bus stop and happen to notice two girls with Herschel, one kindergartner and one 5th grader.

Again, I've no opinion or knowledge on the matter and didn't vote.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 10:49 pm
My dd in 8th grade says she's too old for a Herschel backpack. But she would, in theory, use a Kipling. My 4th grader has a Herschel.

amother
Coffee  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:21 pm
My 7th grader has a Kipling but then so does my 3rd grader..

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:24 pm
Thanks! I really appreciate all the responses.

familyfirst

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:27 pm
Jansport all the way

Last for years
Timeless

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:28 pm
Thanking Hashem that I live in an out of town neighborhood that backpack brands aren’t a thing.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 10 2024, 11:42 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Which sprayground designs do they have? I’m so curious about them. I usually buy the knockoffs though and haven’t seen knockoffs for those.

We bought a sprayground it fell apart in less than 2 years. (And the child who we bought it for "grew" out of the design very quickly). Big waste of money.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:51 am
Anybody had a Heschel and a Kipling and can comment on which one lasted longer? both in durability and in style...

Hashem_Yaazor  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 9:06 am
I live out of town where no one cares about brands but I let my girls pick a new backpack for high school that is more high end than we get for elementary, expecting it to last all 4 years.

My 11th grader has a Herschel that is still in mint condition, this is her third year using it. The size was exactly what she wanted. Her only complaint is the brand name tag on the outside, but it met all her criteria and I wanted to just buy one for high school that would last. I believe it has a lifetime guarantee and it's very classic looking.

My 9th grader really, really wanted a Kipling. Here's it's not considered babyish! I thought it would be too small but she actually fits everything she needs in it and it's just a small appearance (seforim, notebooks, etc... She doesn't have binders.) Since she's only been using it for a little over a week, I can't speak to durability yet!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children